I go to my faithful Pinterest and the title to this recipe caught my eye. It said "Best Ever Meatloaf." It sounds so simple and delicious, but different from what I've ever had. I was so moist and delicious!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 5x9 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, crackers, egg, milk, ½ cup ketchup, onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix together with your hands until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Place the pan on a rimmed baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 1 ½ hours.
- In a small bowl, combine ¾ cup ketchup, brown sugar, apricot preserves and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well. Spread half of the mixture evenly over the meatloaf halfway through baking. Reserve the remainder of the sauce for dipping/topping. Let meatloaf sit for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
I prepare this the night before, it was so simple and easy to prepare.