Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sausage Balls Recipe

During Christmas break, my little family requested sausage balls for their Christmas breakfast.  Well, I pulled up my wonderful and handy blog recipes; I nearly fell out in the floor when I couldn't find my Sausage Ball recipe.  Ugh!  What was I thinking?  It's a very good recipe to not be published.  (tehe!)

Sausage Balls 
Ingredients:
1 lb. favorite sausage, I use Smithfield Pork Sausage, it's delicious
1 block sharp Cracker Barrel Cheese, use extra sharp if you dare
3 Cups Bisquick Mix- I like the heart healthy version, but don't tell Doug

Directions: 
Mix it all together until combined.  I've found to put it in the refrigerator for a few minutes to be able to work with it easier.

We like to roll a few 2" balls at a time, don't cook all at once.  If you prefer to make them all nice and neat for parties - Roll into 1" balls place on cookie sheet.  I use stone ware, but you can place them on a sil-pat or wax paper.  Bake on 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until slightly brown on top.

Yields: 4 dozen 1" balls.

You won't have any left over, but just in case, be sure to refrigerate.

Enjoy! 
Mirya

No comments: