Thursday, October 11, 2012

A Great Lesson to Learn

While waiting for the dismissal bell to ring, I enjoy watching the children playing on the playground at school. Most of the time, I have the opportunity to see Katie playing with her classmates.

I have to tell you, I am impressed with her classmates. They really work and play as a team. Most other classes, I've seen outside playing, branch out into groups. You have the very obvious cheerleader hopefuls. The sports' fans, practicing their football techniques. The Socials, sitting around catching up on the latest gossip. Then, you have groups that just like playing on the playground equipment. Katie's class seem to really get along and ALL play well with one another. Today, they were playing "Shark." It's where a few kids volunteer to be the sharks and then you have the land lovers. The sharks try and catch the land lovers. Basically, it's like playing tag. Not once did I hear fussing or someone say "I quit." They all seemed to have a very good time. When Katie got in the car, I asked her if they always play that good together. She said "yes." She added that Mrs. M tells them . . .

"Be Polite, not rude. 
Be Nice, not mean. 
We are here to help each other and not hurt one another."

I LOVE IT!  I think it's a philosophy, we could all live by.  What a great lesson my child is learning in school.  

I'm still here.  We are in full force fundraising, so I've been selling, selling, selling.  My three year old is pushing every possible button I might have on my person.  Yes, he literally asks to push my buttons.  When I give him my arm, he pretends to push buttons, as he is telling me "I'm pushing your buttons."  {he is laughing}  Yeah, you don't want to know what I look like right now (hair pulled back, no make-up, stress all over my face)  As my kids would say, I've been Hulking out lately.  I try to remind myself that " . . .  and this too shall pass."  I know one day, I will look back on this time and I will laugh hysterically.  

  Mirya

1 comment:

Laura said...

What are you selling?