Monday, December 3, 2012

Susan's Cole Slaw Recipe

My sister Susan makes the best cole slaw. There are several ways to make slaw, vinegar, mayo, dressing, etc. Personally, I love the mayo base slaw and Susan makes the best. This past weekend, we were at my eldest sister, Maryann's house for a fish fry and Susan brought her famous slaw. I finally had the opportunity to pick her brain. The only slaw I've dared to make to the 1000 Island dressing slaw. It's good, but nothing like mayo. She gave me her recipe and I didn't want to forget it. Thus, I'm posting it here with all my other favorite recipes.

Susan's Cole Slaw Recipe 
1 medium cabbage head
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup mayo
1/8 cup white vinegar
1/8 cup olive oil

Shred the cabbage with food processor. Pour all the ingredients on top of the shredded cabbage. DO NOT MIX. Cover and put in the refrigerator overnight. Mix it all together as soon as you are ready to serve. It is the best slaw ever!!!

 You have to try this recipe, you will not regret it.




  Mirya

2 comments:

The Keyes Family said...

I have a favorite slaw recipe but ill try this one sometime. Mine has miracle whip cream and celery seed in it. Hope you guys are doing good. Fish fry sounds fun. Got your Christmas card today! Lilly is wanting to send Katie a letter now ecause she saw the picture.

The Keyes Family said...

I don't know what happened to the first comment but we got your Christmas card today and now Lilly is wanting to write Katie a letter even though she can't write so watch the mail haha.