Thursday, March 21, 2013

Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks - Book Review

Safe HavenSafe Haven by Nicholas Sparks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I will try not to spoil. This was a great read! I'm a Nicholas Sparks fan anyway. I liked how he switched scenes between two of the main characters Kevin and Erin/Katie. I think it gave the readers a good view of both sides of the situation. It definitely showed me how crazy Kevin really was in this story. I loved Erin/Katie, such a sweet and loving person that just got a bad start in life. She is a strong survivor that is ready to face the world, whether she knows it or not. She is stronger than she realizes and will protect the people she loves, when they need her. God is presenting her a different more enjoyable path ahead by sending Alex's wife to nudge her a little. That's all I'm saying about it. I love the love story between Alex and Katie. They have such good chemistry. I absolutely love this couple! Katie is so grateful for this second chance of a new life. She cuts loose and tries new things that Kevin never allowed her to do. I really don't like Kevin, if you've noticed. What Kevin lacked in Katie's life, Alex definitely makes up for it along with his children. Katie is so blessed and she knows it.

The whole time, I wondered if Kevin would ever find Erin/Katie. What would he do? Would he kill her or make a mends? Would Kevin just fall over dead from alcohol poisoning? The fireworks intensify towards the end of the story. I could not put the book down after reading 79% of it. What was going to happen? Would Katie loose the love of her life forever? Would Alex's dead wife approve of Katie? Would Katie ever be the mother Alex and Carly expect for their children? You will have to read to find out. The last chapter is a shock and ah. My stomach stayed twisted with anxiety and surprise. And the very last sent chills up and down my spine. Great book!

View all my reviews

  Mirya

No comments: