Saturday, February 24, 2007

Girls' Night Out

Well, I was beginning to wonder if our Girls' Night Out was going to happen or not. Doug was suppose to have the day off, well he was asked to come in and leave at 2:00. My brother-in-laws & Dad had to work a 12 hr shift + everyday this weekend. Yuck! My nephew tried out for Soccer and didn't think he would be home in time for Doug to pick him up. At 3:30, I was beginning to worry about Doug because he wasn't at home yet. He calls me at 4:00 saying he had to attend a meeting and was running late. Maryann didn't know if she could meet us at Sweet Peppers Deli or not. Well, I'm happy to report it all worked out for the best. Doug and Jon were able to hit the road on time, headed for the Outdoor Dinner in B'ham. They said, they had a really good time and hated that the others guys missed it all. Poor Nic missed Doug and Jon, so he met up with us girls at Sweet Peppers Deli. What a nice place?!? It's a new restaurant here in town. They serve anything from soup and sandwiches to stuffed potatoes and salads. They are priced a little high, but you get your monies worth. I got 1/2 Chicken Salad Sandwich, mixed fruit, sweet tea and 1/2 Chocolate Eruption Dessert (Yummy!). We got to the deli around 5:15 and we had a very hard time finding a parking spot. The place was packed. Very Good! I highly recommend this restaurant. After dinner, some of us wanted to see the movie "Because I said so," with Diane Keaton. It wasn't playing until 9:30 and we thought that was too late, so we took a risk and saw "Norbitt." Oh me! What a movie? I have to admit, it was funny but gross. It is very suggestive for a PG13 movie. There was no nudity, but I think it should have be rated R. I think everyone of us were a little embrassed to be watching it. I don't recommend any kids 13 - 17 yrs. old watching this movie. At June's house, Nic and myself played his new Wii. How fun! I like it! Of course, I stink at every one of the games but it was a lot of fun. We played tennis, bowling and golf. I play the Wii Golf a whole lot better than I do in real life. That's sad. When Doug and Jon got there, they got to play baseball. Doug seemed to really enjoy it, but today he is a little sore from swinging the bat.

Millard and Peggy kept Katie last night and most of the day today, while I was at the Beth Moore Conference. Wow! Even though the conference was a simulcast from Tyler, TX, it is rewarding to be able hear Beth Moore's teachings. I've heard her teach a couple other times, she just gets you all pumped when she gets so excited. Her energy amazes me. We sold a little over 100 tickets at church and Beth Moore's team reported, they counted 150,000 + tickets sold country wide. Praise the Lord! I believe it went very smooth and organized. We tried to be on top of things and solve some minor problems without any of our guests knowing about it. We had a few responses and won't know for sure until later, if there were any life changing responses. I was pretty tired by the time I got home. I got to church this morning at 8:45 and it wasn't over until 4:30. If you haven't heard of Beth Moore or read any of her books, I highly recommend it. She'll point things out to you that you've never really thought about. Today's lesson was about how we are pulled into the pit of sin by Satan and how wonderful God reaches down and pulls us out as soon as we cry for His help. The background reading came from Psalms 18 & 32. No matter who you are her teachings will hit, like a ton of bricks, right in line with what is going on with your life whether is was yesterday, today or tomorrow. I bought the book and as soon as I'm finished reading it, I would be glad to let you borrow it and get a blessing out of it. I know I will and I know you will too. I've got so much reading to do and not enough time (too much blogging - tehe!). I just got in a new Joyce Meyers Study Bible "Everyday Life" and "Sparkling Gems" by Rick Renner. "Sparkling Gems" is a daily devotational book that goes that extra step by breaking down the Greek words in the bible so you can get a clear understanding.

Leslie has joined the blogging world. Congrats! I've added her link to the far left, if you would like to check it out. I have to agree with what she said to me - it's a lot of fun! I may not have a lot to say (important), but yeah it's fun.

I got some comforting news from a church friend today about Katie and her fits. She told me her daughter started her terrible 2s at an early age (18 months) and is doing much better now she is 3. She thinks Katie must be going through her terrible 2s at an early age and feels she will be out of them when she turns 3, like her little girl. I sure hope so! Speaking of my church friend, her and her husband is going through a very hard time right now. They've been trying for a couple of years now to have a second child. I don't think they had a hard time getting pregnant with Ava, but I've never really asked her and I didn't have time to talk about it today. Isn't "Ava" a beautiful name and she is a beautiful little girl as well. I just ask you to please lift my friends up in prayer with their fertility issues. I know they would appreciate all the prayers. Thanks!

Cullman City has made the local TV news once again. Check out the question I've posted regarding pet licenses. The city mayor says it has nothing to do with getting money from citizens, but all about safety. I'm interested in what you think. There are no wrong answers, so please feel free to express yourself.

Take care of one another and God Bless!

No comments: