Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Start Blogging?!?

Well Laura, I did it. I've joined millions in the blog circuit. I had to be apart of this blog experience because I felt like I was left out of something. tehe! I can't promise how good I will be at this kind of thing. I say this simply because I never was good at keeping an up dated journal when I was younger. I guess I will just have to take it slow and easy the next few days in editing the way I want my site to look. This particular blog site has so many choices to choose from and I like choices.

I sent most everyone (I had access to email addresses), regarding the "Key Bumping." Have you ever heard of this? According to our local news, the instructions on how to do is and how to get access to one of these keyes are all over the web. VERY DISTURBING! According to Channel 13 News there have been no current local reports of this crime, but they wanted the public to be aware and prepared. Here's the article, if you don't know: http://www.nbc13.com/gulfcoastwest/vtm/news.apx.-content-articles-VTM-2007-02-20-0010.html. Tell anyone and everyone you know about this article.

It was beautiful today in God's country, but a little windy and rainy. Katie and I stayed inside and watched "Dogs" (in translation: The Lady and the Tramp). We also made a fort in the Living Room (sisters - do you remember the days?). She loves it when we play fort. She gets so excited and gathers all the toys and puts them in her fort. Eventually, she begins to pull on the blanket (fort roof) and all is over.

I believe I've finally got Katie ready for Easter. I've been watching a pair of Stride Rite (white) shoes. Well today(Wayne), I got 'em! I hope I won't be too disappointed when they are delivered. I was amazed over the whole bid because I was only the second bidder and I had no fight for them. I guess shoes are not in a big demand like dresses. I fought this past Sunday for a butterfly smock dress with hair bow and lost at the last second. It was the hardest I've ever fought for since I became an "ebayer." Now I've got the shoes, so I told Doug I won't be bidding anymore for awhile. I'm too afraid I've become addicted. It's a woman's dream mall. You don't necessarily have to dress up (put on makeup) and get ready to go to the mall. Your there with a click of a button! SO POWERFUL!

Next Friday night, Doug, and some of the men on my side of the family are going to an Outdoors Conference in B'ham. They liked it so well last year, they made sure to go back this year. Susan said she wanted to go to the movies and watch a new movie with Diane Keaton in it. I can't remember the name of the movie - sorry Susan. I told her, I would like to go as well, that is if Peggy would not mind keeping Katie. We'll see. I don't know what the other girls are planning on doing.

Saturday, I've volunteered to help out with the Beth Moore Simulcast Conference. I have exactly no idea what I'll be doing, I just told Ms. Dorothy to put me to work. More than likely, they'll have me greet people as they come in that morning (9 a.m.). Dorothy said they may have me help with the sack lunches and clean up later, which is fine with me. We always have fun putting these things together; however, I've never worked a Beth Moore Conferences. It may be more work than I first thought. I guess we'll see. We had our first Beth Moore Conference last year and it was somewhat of a success (100 + people), so we hope to raise the bar lots more. I'll let you know how it went.

Prayer List - I would like to ask you to please remember these people in your prayers. Thanks!
  • My uncle - has been in the hospital (ICU). He has Emphysema real bad and recently was admitted to our local hospital with Pneumonia. Yesterday, Mom was hoping he would be able to come home either yesterday or today. I didn't get an update today. Hopefully, he's home and resting.
  • My friend that has Parkinson's Disease, isn't doing good according to her daughter. She is taking high powered drugs for her pain and discomfort. The drugs are making her hallucinate.
  • My niece is expecting her second baby. I spoke to her Mom yesterday and it sounds like she is doing great.
  • A Sunday School Class Member is in the hospital with a pulled/torn ligament. I don't remember which one it is. She is in quite a bit of pain, from what I hear.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The is very nice, you are the WOMAN!!!!!!!

Laura said...

I am so proud of you!!! This is great!!! Now, do you think our phone bills will be lower? Or do you think Doug & Wayne will still have to chat? Congrats, Blogger!!

Anonymous said...

Mi,
I love it!! I will check your blog often. I got your article on the locks. Best defense-an inside dog!! Burgler doesn't know how big that dog is, just that it sounds really big! I didn't know about our Uncle, how is he? Keep me posted there. Kiss Katie Bug from her Auntie. Love, Sister #2