Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Happy Birthday - Maryann!

Well, today is Maryann's birthday and I won't mention any numbers. tehe! Mom, Dad, June, Whitney, Katie and myself helped celebrate Maryann's birthday by meeting her at Captain D's for lunch. It was great to see Whitney today. I thought it was so nice, she was able to get away from her studies for a little bit and visit her Mother on her birthday. How sweet?!? Katie was just so excited to see her "June." Who cares about eating when there's June? Right? Katie did eat a few fries and lots of strawberries and grapes, when we got home.

THE BOYS ARE BACK! I enjoyed the guys on American Idol. I thought they did a real good job, except for Sanjaya. I feel he is not in the same mature league as the others. Without sounding really mean, I think this is the year for big people. There are a few big voices with big bodies in this competition and I like it.

Doug and I went ahead and got Katie a picnic table for outside. Guess where it is currently? In the Living Room! tehe! As if we have any room for it to be in the Living Room. Hopefully it will get much warmer and we can move it outside. It's pretty cool. Little Tikes have really stepped it up since the late 80's and early 90's. Now, the picnic tables have cup holders, they fold up for easy storage and have an umbrella. Katie loves her table. She would rather eat her meals and snacks on her new table then in her high chair.

We went to Office Max and found some really neat workbooks for children at the age of 2-4 years. They are suppose to help Katie with her colors, letters, numbers, shapes, sizes and letter sounds. They come in your choice of characters (Dora the Explorer, Blue's Clues & Sesame Street), but what's really cool about them is you can write on them with washable crayons or markers and easily wipe the markings off. We got Sesame Street and Katie likes hers because it has Elmo and Zoe. Right now, she just colors/scribbles in it. These workbooks must be a hot item because they sell quick that's why I went ahead and got a few of them. I've checked out Wal-Mart for these wipe off workbooks and I haven't been able to find them.

A lot of you know I'm a little addicted to ebay. The last purchase was a couple of weeks ago, Twin Bedding Set and a pair of Stride Rite shoes for Katie. The bedding set is so cute - lavender with chenille border and white embroidered dragonflies. So sweet! Her shoes are white dress shoes for Easter. I took a little break since these purchases, so now I'm on the search once again. This time I'm looking for Katie a swimsuit. I've seen some cute suits and I really like those that have matching covers. I've got a few on watch, so we'll see how it goes. If you have small children and you like the name brand clothes, a lot of the times ebay is the way to go. You just have to be careful about what you're buying. I have won a few auction bids on ebay and I really believe I got them for much less than their worth. Now, I've let myself be out bid several times because I wouldn't spend a penny more, which is fine with me. I don't let it frustrate me because I know there will always be something else around the corner. When I look at children's clothing, I do catch myself looking for unique clothing. I've got a few on watch because the starting bid is so low and hope I might have a chance to get them.

Take care and God Bless!

No comments: