Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Our Quest to Sci-Quest

CloseUpSchoolNameMarkedOut

Just when I think Katie has visited all the fun museums, we learn of another one in our local area.  Sci-Quest is a hands on science learning center for children of all ages.  It's located just behind Calhoun Community College in Huntsville, AL.  For more information, please CLICK HERE!

It reminds me of a miniature McWane Science Center.  I volunteered as a chaperone for Katie and her friend, ME.  At first, I was nervous trying to keep them together and not separate.  I was running myself ragged, so I let them go.  They knew where to stay and the place isn't that big.  I found a bench, me and a few other moms parked.  We got a lot of catching up done, getting to know each other a little more.


DSC_0052

The kids thought this was so cool.  It's a virtual volleyball game, but they also got to play: table pool, soccer, make snow angels, designs in sand, mud and paint.  It's hard to explain, but it reminds me of a very large Xbox Kinect for several kids to get involved.

The place had a huge tree house installed with a full kitchen, music room and twisty slide to get down (Katie's favorite).  The kids had an opportunity to learn about sights, sounds, skin, chemicals (gas), weather, reflection, frequencies, etc.  It was a lot of fun!  Katie absolutely wants to come back this Summer.

SchoolNameMarkedOut
In the picture above, the kids were getting a hands on feel regarding earthquakes "what would it feel like."   The kids are sitting on a park bench with a street light above.  Once someone pressed the button, the simulator platform below would begin shaking.  It was a hit!  As you can see, the kids LOVED IT!

We had a very busy week with the field trip, getting ready for Leslie's Bridal Shower, Colton's Birthday Party and unfortunately we had a family member to pass away.  This mama is about ready for a long BREAK.  Stay tuned for pictures of Leslie's Bridal Shower.

It's hard to imagine that three years ago, my baby boy came into the world today.  You need to embrace every moment because it never last for very long.  Our little Colty is such a blessing.  He absolutely keeps me going at all times and the things that comes out of that boy's mouth is hilarious.  Don't let him fool you because he can be a prankster as well.  When I'm all focused on something like posting pictures and blogging, he'll come up to me out of the blue and give me a wet willy.  Then, he'll start squealing with laughter.  Little snot.  If I'm not giving him enough attention, which is all the time, he'll begin climbing all over me and sometimes I get kisses.  When you're not looking he'll put his finger in your nose or eyeball.  Let's not forget when I'm walking down the hallway, he'll come from no where and slap me on the butt.  Then, he start laughing.

Have you seen the Geico commercials were the pig squeals all the way home?  Well, Colton loves that commercial.   When we are in the car, he likes to say "weeeeeee" all the way down hills.  LOL!  It's too funny.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLTON!  
WE LOVE YOU BABY BOY! 


Special Prayer Request
I just received a call from my mother-in-law.  Our cousin, Anthony's mother passed away this morning.  Anthony's mother-in-law (Joyce) passed this past Friday morning.  This poor couple has been pounded with grief lately.  Please remember them in your thoughts and prayers.

God Bless!

Mirya

No comments: