Saturday, March 24, 2012

Special Prayer Request

Dove-3

We lost a special family member yesterday, Aunt Joyce. Aunt Joyce was my husband's aunt on his mother's side of the family. I had the divine opportunity to know Mrs. Joyce pretty much all my life. She was a unique and extraordinary lady.  She always looked her best, no matter what the situation.  She was not only pretty on the outside, but the inside as well.  Growing up, she was always so kind and sweet to me.  Her daughter, Shawn, was a good friend and like a big sister to me.  Shawn was the one that introduced me to her cousin Doug.  From that day, everything else is history . . . some 18 + years ago.

Aunt Joyce has been battling a very aggressive disease for several years.  This past year, she and her body got very tired.  I regret not seeing her enough during her sickness.  I hope she forgives me. We were just talking a couple weeks ago about how we need to see her and let her see the children one more time before she went on to be with the Lord.  Of course, we didn't make the time and now regret.  The lesson here is don't wait for that free weekend to go visit your sick relatives and friends.  As soon as the thought enters your mind, take it as God's request to get up and go.  No regrets and no heartache.

Please keep Joyce's family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.  I don't think you could ever be prepared to let someone go, even if you know their after life destination.  I was thinking about Joyce's daughter, Shawn.  What she must be going through?  When my mom was deathly sick just a few years ago, I'm just so thankful to God for allowing me a little more time with her.  My initial thought is that you are never too old to not need your parents.  Shawn is an only child and she still has her dad to hold on to.   They have lots of loving family members and friends to hold their hands through this tough time in their life.  

Mirya

No comments: