Monday, June 4, 2012

Hulk of a Storm

We experienced a rough thunderstorm early this morning, the nice rolling thunder type storm. It didn't take long before Colton b-lined it to our bed. He told me that the thunder scared him. I thought it was humorous when he compared the storm to Hulk. LOL! Yes, he actually called the storm a "Hulk Storm." The storm got so rough at times that it knocked out the power not far from our house. Street lights were out, causing a major traffic jam. Today is the first day of Vacation Bible School at church. I don't know why it is, but Katie always freaks out the night before a Summer camp or activity. She's afraid that she won't know anyone in her class. Ugh! I told my social butterfly not to worry because if there is not anyone there, I'm sure she will quickly make new friends. As soon as we got there, she immediately saw her best friend and left my side. When I picked her up, she was all smiles telling me how much fun she had. The church was packed full of people, so I'm excited to find out how many were in attendance. Please keep my sister, Sandy, in your prayers. She had surgery the other day on her hand. I spoke to her this morning and she sounds good. Last night was a rough moment, but it will be a great reward to have the use of her hand back to new. I have a feeling today is going to be a slow, lazy, rain day. Have a great Monday and stay dry. Mirya

No comments: