Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Katie's Swimming Lessons 2012



As you can tell from the video above, Katie had an awesome swimming lesson this year. There is no stopping her. She's my little mermaid. While I video taped Katie during her lessons, Colton got to swim around in the baby pool area. He loved it! However, I had a hard time keeping him in the shallow end. He kept creeping over a little deeper and a little deeper. You can hear me on the video, telling him to come back.

As a reward that day, we went to the outside water park area. The kids had a blast! Again, I had a hard time keeping Colton in the baby pool area, but he didn't disobey me. He would act like he was sneaking over to the big kid area, but I would have to call him back over. LOL! We met up with a couple other parents and their children, friends of Katie. I loved watching Katie with her girlfriends in the water and going down the water slides. They had such a good time that we planned to meet up again that following Friday. I texted my other girlfriend, Becca, about meeting us as well. Her children are basically the same age as mine and she thought it would be a great idea.

 

On Friday, Katie had another wonderful time because Jacey, Emma Grace, Amberly and Abby all came to the water park that day. We stayed there so long that we ended up with lobster skin. I kept sunscreen on us. Obviously, I missed a few spots or it must have washed off. I was so proud of Katie when she jumped off the lower diving board and swam to the ladder, by herself. She thought it was so cool and did it several times after that. Later, I asked her is she was brave enough to jump off the high dive. "Sure!" she confirmed. I couldn't believe it. SHE DID IT! She loved it! I guess she jump off the high dive 5 or 6 times. Just like a little mermaid, she was all over that swimming pool. We stayed by the pool from 9:30 - 1:45. You talk about TIRED. I could tell that Katie was tired because she was being pretty emotional or touchy, but overall she did have a great time.

Katie and Abby already have a slumber party planned for this weekend, but I still have to talk to daddy about it. Katie's behavior and attitude has been better towards us and her little brother. I praised her about it quite a bit last week and this week. I'm hoping that she understands and she will continue to try her best. She asks me just about every day if she has been good enough to stay the night with Abby. Becca and I are hoping to get together with the kids soon.

Katie is so glad that it's time to talk about her birthday party.  We're still tossing things around, but overall Katie wants another slumber party with her girlfriends.  They had such a blast the last time that they want to do it again this year.  She wants a family and friend party this year.  She wants her friends to swim in her little pool and bring out the slip-n-slide.  She wants to serve up cheesy pizza for supper along with cake and ice cream later.  Looking through Party City's girl birthday themes, she feel in love with "Glitzy Girl Birthday Party."  She wants a spa like birthday party.  All the girlies have their toes and fingers painted, fix up their hair and maybe do a fun girlie craft.  I thought about getting the girls some flip flops from Hobby Lobby and have them make frilly flip flops with ribbon and material.  I remembered my girlfriend had a flip flop party for her daughter.  She said Katie (daughter) and her girlfriends had fun making their frilly flip flops.  I think it would be fun.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
2012 VBS 

Photobucket 
2012 VBS
  Mirya

No comments: