Wednesday, November 7, 2012

For God's Glory

The 2012 Election is over and the people have spoken. You may see a lot of red in the South, except for Florida, and most of the mid-west. When it comes to the electoral votes it is all about LOCATION, LOCATION. If you were satisfied with the past 4 years of unemployment rising, economy in the muck, increase in taxes, then you know exactly what you'll get the next 4 years. If you are middle class or the poor, don't think for a second you are going to avoid the tax increases.  NOPE!  We will be the first to be hit hard.  Look at how much we are paying at the pumps, groceries, electric and water bills.  These small companies and large corporations might be having to pay more taxes, regulations and meet restrictions, but they are not loosing anything because those spendings will be charged to us to make up the difference.  It's the way it's always been.  Who can blame these businesses and corporations?  If they didn't make up the monies by increasing the prices, they would all go out of business; thus, they would be forced to close their doors.  I'm no economy major, but I do have common sense and clear understanding of meeting the profit margin.  I just don't believe that Obama is the right candidate to put our country back on the map as a God fearing nation with a prosperous future.  I hope within 4 years, he will make an attempt to prove me wrong.

I didn't want to admit it until last night that our country has turned from what is best for our country and future generations to self-centeredness.  I fear that we as a nation are being seduced by the president's promises.  Who knows the president might be deceived himself by the power of leadership.  It happens!    This is based off of the three presidential debates that I witnessed on television.  This is all I'm saying about it.  Satan takes every opportunity to seduce anyone or sell any deceptive idea to you.  If it sounds good than more than likely it's not worth it.  Unfortunately people don't realize this until it's too late.  Be careful!  . . . "But woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in fierce anger, because he knows that he has [only] a short time [left]!" Rev. 12:12.

Don't Be Seduced By Satan
I had the opportunity to read Beth Moore's book "Why Godly People Do Ungodly Things".  Like all of her books, it is AWESOME and I recommend everyone read it!  It answered a lot of my questions, confusions and opened my eyes even further.  Have you ever wondered when you meet up with your close friend and they won't give you the time of day?  You're buzz about getting to see the person you love like a sister has dropped to the floor.  Your automatic thought is "she is having a bad day."  She might even be a little sarcastic to you when she would normally not ever talk mean to you.  You are thinking, what is going on?  Is there something I've said to make her upset?  You start going into overtime thinking back, what did I do or say?  Your afraid to make an issue about it or make it worse.  You don't say anything.  It happens again at another time.  This could go on and on for months to where you don't like to be around your best friend no longer.  You can't identify the same person any more.  Does this sound familiar?  Well, you're not alone.  This has happened to me so many times, I can't count.  Every time, I've blamed myself.  You just don't understand.  I am progressing away from insecurity.  I use to be one of these people that wants to be friends with everyone and I want to make everyone happy.  Yeah, exhausting.  Right?  With God's help and as little self control as I might have, I'm getting better.  I've turned from loosing sleep going over in my head about "why someone doesn't like me?" or "how did I make her mad?  I don't understand what I did."  I now know that I will never always be liked and I'm not going to make everyone happy.  I ask myself if I did all I could do within reason and then I give it over to the Lord.  Life is too short to worry over these things.  Back to my point, don't end your relationship with your close friend just because she has changed and you don't know why.  It could be that she has been deceived by Satan and not even know it.  Have you ever said something and after awhile, you just realized what you said and how it could be misinterpreted?  Do you ever wonder, where did that come from or why you said that?  Have you ever said "The devil made me do it."?  You just may be right.  Satan deceives at every chance he has.  There are times when the devil takes complete opportunity of a situation and his deceptive words go over and over in your head.  Before you know it, you think the person that avoided you during lunch doesn't want you to be apart of her life.  [Satan deceives] She thinks she's too good to be around someone like me.  She'd rather be around the more classy women.  This goes on and on.  See how the devil will make a mountain out of a mole hill.  To me, my mind is my worst enemy.  That's when you need to say aloud or to yourself.  "Devil depart from me in the name of Jesus Christ."  This sounds crazy, but I've done it.  I had so many thoughts [bad] running through my head that I couldn't rest all night.  The second night, it did it again.  I realized what was going on.  I knew all of the thoughts, I couldn't control and I knew were lies.  It's the devil feeding you all these deceiving lies to either lure you away from protecting  someone who might be struggling with their faith or to lure you away from God himself.  It's not you, it's the devil.  Don't be seduced by his lies.  I believe this president is being deceived at the same time, he is deceiving the American people.  So what do we do about it?  PRAY!  Keep your hope and faith alive in Jesus Christ.  He is coming back you know.  

If anything this election has woke me up.  {ALARM CLOCK RINGING!!}  Yes, I'm awake and seeing clearing this morning.  I've known that our time on earth is drawing near, but after so many years (decades) you tend to fall asleep from time to time.  Well, it's time to wake up from our slumber, dust off the cobwebs and sharpen up God's word because we need our shield for protection from Satan's seductions.  You may think I sound childish and so yester year.   God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.  We have pushed him out of our schools, government buildings, trying very hard to push him out of our nation.  What's next our homes?  Lord help when that happens because darkness will soon over come every square inch of our nation.  Be careful!  I have to tell the devil today, you may take my way of living, my livelihood, my nation, my town, but you will never take my soul.  AMEN!  Please remember the devil can not touch God's children unless we welcome him in.  He can't touch me!  Isn't that AWESOME?  To God be the glory.

Do not be disheartened because I have good news! We may be suffering these past 8 years from high gas prices, job loss, survived natural disasters or death.  God says because of our positive attitudes, He is glorified.  Charles Swindle says, "10% is what happens to you.  The rest is how you handle it." This is so true.  A lot of times, I tend to lose it before I get ahold of myself.  I'm still learning control.  The Holy Bible says, "Beloved, I implore you as aliens and strangers and exiles [in this world] to abstain from the sensual urges (the evil desires, the passions of the flesh, your lower nature) that wage war against the soul." I Peter 2:11.  We may not like it, but we need to obey Pres. Obama and his administration.  God has instructed us to do so because it will honor him with our obedience.  "Be submissive to every human institution and authority for the sake of the Lord, whether it be to the emperor [Obama] as supreme,  Or to governors as sent by him to bring vengeance (punishment, justice) to those who do wrong and to encourage those who do good service.  For it is God's will and intention that by doing right [your good and honest lives] should silence (muzzle, gag) the ignorant charges and ill-informed criticisms of foolish persons.  [Live] as free people, [yet] without employing your freedom as pretext for wickedness; but [live at all times] as servants of God.  Show respect for all men [treat them honorably]. Love the brotherhood (the Christian fraternity of which Christ is the Head).  Reverence God.  Honor the emperor (president).  I Peter 12:13-17.  Have hope in the Lord Jesus Christ and he will deliver you from your suffering.  "For one is regarded favorably (is approved, acceptable, and thank worthy) if, as in the sight of God, he endures the pain of unjust suffering.  [After all] what kind of glory [is there in it] if, when you do wrong and are punished for it, you take it patiently?  But if you bear patiently with suffering [which results] when you do right and that is undeserved, it is acceptable and pleasing to God.  For even to this were you called [it is inseparable from your vocation].  For Christ also suffered for you, leaving you [His personal] example, so that you should follow in His footsteps." I Peter 12:19-21.  "He personally bore our sins in His [own] body on the tree [as on an altar and offered Himself on it], that we might die (cease to exist) to sin and live to righteousness.  By His wounds you have been healed. " I Peter 12:24 - AMEN!

I don't expect everyone that reads this post to fully understand what I've wrote.  For those who do understand where I'm coming from, I hope it will help you to understand.

I will continue to pray for my country and it's leadership!  God Bless You!


  Mirya

1 comment:

Laura said...

I feel like I've been to a sermon! Preach it, Sista Mi!