Thursday, August 15, 2013

Back to School 2013

 photo DSC_0027_edited-1_zps07766c10.jpg

 photo DSC_0014_edited-2_zpsf4e5b066.jpg

We had our Back to School and Katie's 8 year old photos done today.  It was a perfect summer day for a photo shoot.  We had a cool front come through last night, making the temps in the upper 70s and low humidity.  YAY!  I'm loving it, but very unusual weather for Alabama that is for sure.  

I'm posting two of many favorites from today's photo session.  If you would like to see more, please check out my photography blog or just CLICK HERE.  

I used props this time around, for the whole "back to school" theme.  We had lots of fun, especially when we tried keeping the apple on our heads.  I'm definitely a beginner in children's photography, but I've found out that kids like the interaction like playing peek-a-boo, find the camera and keeping something from falling.  It makes it a lot easier on me because the kids are not faking their smiles and making the photo experience bad.  I'm also learning that we have to keep our photo sessions to at least two different places, NO MORE.  The kids get too bored and tired.  I'm loving the photography journey and love that you are sharing it with me.  

I really need your prayers tonight and tomorrow.  I've got my first wedding tomorrow night.  I'm so excited and nervous at the same time.  I've given my butterflies and nerves over to the Lord.  I have faith in God and know that He will be there for me, Lord willing operating the camera.  LOL!  It's a lot of pressure on me because . . . IT'S THEIR SPECIAL DAY.  I want all the pictures to turn out just PERFECT.  I'm kind of a perfectionist.  Thus, the many many prayers.  Thank you!  

Stay tuned to see the big day . . . 

Mirya

1 comment:

Laura said...

All the pictures you took were GREAT and I know you will do just fine for the wedding!

Hope y'all have a good weekend! Love ya!