Thursday, March 1, 2007

The Girls Have Still Got It Going On!

American Idol
I think the majority of the girls had it going on last night (the ones I like anyway). Melinda made herself known with her performance, but I do like the Blues & Jazz music. Sabrina did great! I think she is so pretty, but I'm trying to figure out her parents. The Idol cameras panned over to her Dad, but is the white woman beside of him her Mom? Ryan only asked the Dad questions and not the Mom. The woman beside of the Dad never said a word, so I don't know. I didn't get to hear all of Stephanie's performance, but the judges went on and on about her. I know she looked beautiful in that evening gown. In the past, I never liked the dedication songs because the competitors always pick songs their parents like or some song that holds a lot of means to them. These dedication songs can make it very hard to sing in a large audience, no matter how hard they practice and try. What I don't like about it is here these kids sing their hearts out or try their level best and all the judges can do (Simon) is bash them about the type of mushy song they just sang and how pitchy it sounded. I say if that's the case, then get rid of the "dedication songs." I don't believe the Producers would go for that because it's events like these that cause drama and Producers love drama - better ratings. Some of you may have this website bookmarked, but just in case you don't - here's the American Idol website: http://www.americanidol.com/. Don't forget the Idol results tonight!

The Lost Tomb of Jesus
Who has heard about this documentary? I first hear about it from our Sunday School Teacher, but never really thought about it anymore until I was Channel 19 News' website and saw this video. http://www.whnt.com/Global/story.asp?s=6147991, you can watch the video to the far left. This documentary will be shown on Discovery Channel on March 4th at 9 p.m. ET/PT. I don't watch documentaries on Discovery Channel in relation to Jesus Christ because they are so misleading (false teaching) and by watching them would mean I'm in support of these documentaries. I read a right up on the Discovery Channel website about this "documentary." It's amazing how they will write their articles and fail to leave out very important information just to cause some drama and make occurances sound more mysterious. When all they are doing is trying to lure audiences to view their film. For instance, "One of these tombs contain 10 ossuaries (limestone bone boxes). Six of the ossuaries in this tomb have inscriptions on them. In the featured documentary "The Lost Tomb of Jesus" a case is made that 2,000 year old "Tomb of the Ten Ossuaries" belonged to the family of Jesus of Nazareth," according to Discovery Channel website. "The film also documents DNA extraction from human residue found in two of the ossuaries & reveals new evidence that throws light on Jesus' relationship with Mary Magdalene. " Guess who the film's executive producer is? James Cameron. Discovery Channel site reports that this documentary doesn't challenge the belief of Christians. The belief that Christ was resurrected from the dead 3 days after his crucifixion. No, it just leaves out very important information. They are basically saying, Jesus' body was moved by his disciples to another place and if he was resurrected it could have been spiritually instead of a physical ascension. Discovery throws in the one verse about the guards spreading stories that the disciples moved Christ's body - Matthew 28:12, but they failed to mention any verses before or after that particular verse. How in Matthew 28:2-7 there was a great earthquake & an angel came down and rolled the stone away and told Mary Magdalene and the other Mary Jesus wasn't there. How the guards keeping watch were so frightened they passed out. How the angel of the Lord instructed the Marys to go tell the disciples He has risen from the dead & He will see them in Galilee. They also failed to mention in Matthew 28:11-13 When the guards came to they went to the city and told the High Priests and Elders what had just happened. How the High Priests and Elders paid the guards a large sum of money to tell everyone Jesus' disciples moved his body while they were sleeping. In Matthew 28:14-15, if the governor hears this story he would keep them safe. So the soldiers took the money & did as instructed by the High Priests and Elders and this story has been current among the Jews to the present day. I hope to goodness these points and events will come out in the documentary for a lot of peoples sake. All whose involved with this movie might be pushing their last button with God all Mighty. If you would like more information, here's Discovery Channel's website: http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/tomb/tomb.html .

Alabama Weather
We are suppose to be in for some pretty severe weather this afternoon. I hope all of you will watch the weather in your area and keep safe. According to the weathercast, they are predicting lots of tornado activity, hail & wind advisories. Mom called us early this morning and asked Katie and I to come over after lunch. She knows how nervous I get during storms. I've told Doug the next house I'm leaving in will have a basement (full or half - I don't care). I'll never forget the bad storm we were in the middle of years ago. There was a tornado in the area of Cullman City, but had not touched down. We were on our way to a local parking deck for cover. All the parking decks were full of residents and no room for us. Stuck out in the middle of this storm, we were heading back home. The traffic lights swinging up and down and street signs were moving real fast side to side and such heavy rain. Oh my gosh, I was hyperventilating by the time we were home. Needless to say, we've never done that again.
http://www.whnt.com/Global/category.asp?C=6018&nav=menu108_1

Maybe next time I'll have more happy upbeat news and information. I hope I didn't get you all upset with the whole stupid documentary. I know I got upset when I first heard about it. I started having flashbacks when the "Divinci Code" came out.

Take care of each other and God Bless!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I totally agree on what you said about Sabrina, she did great. I personally like Melinda, LaKisha, Jordin, Chris S., and one other guy, don't remember his name.
I DONT LIKE Leslie Hunt, Blake somebody, the other Chris, or Antonella. Alaina is ok, not great. and i honestly dont remember any of the other people, which means that i guess since i dont know them that i wont be voting for them.... OH and I didnt think that Haley did as bad as the judges said, I really liked her performance--anyways, my opinion doesnt count
give katie, uncle doug and yourself a kiss form me!! love always, Les
PS thank You for the good luck for friday...i'm real excited--i wrote all about it my blog today so i wont take up your time now!