Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Roasted Cornish Hen

As a child, I remember my mother roasting cornish hens for supper and they would be so good. Well on my bucket list, I've wanted to roast cornish hens for supper for Doug and myself. At least do it once. Right? Oh, they were mouth watery good.

I'm having problems with Google loading my photos and yes, I've deleted several photos from my Picasa albums. So, I'm using Shutterfly to display today's post photos.


Roasted Cornish Hen Recipe
Lay hen(s) on roasting pan with the breast side facing up. Please note to be careful when purchasing a roasting pan. I wanted one with removable rack. I purchased an 18" pan from Target. Not thinking about the size of my oven, I wanted to get the 18" to place 2 cornish hens without worry that they both would fit on a 16" roasting pan. I found out very quickly that the 18" barely fit, at an angle, in my oven. Shew.

Melt 2 tablespoons of butter. I melted mine in the microwave. Baste chickens often during roasting time.

I seasoned the hens with a little barbeque seasoning for flavor.

Cook the hens at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a cooking therometer registers 180 degrees. I basted every 30 minutes.

The outer skin was a crispy, golden brown, but the inside meat was nice and juicy.

PERFECT!

Serve it with steamed veggies, like shown, and would be delicious with mashed potatoes.  Yum.

Enjoy!

Mirya

No comments: