Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Easter Wreath




This bunny has been busy, busy preparing for Easter. A while back, my cousin Laura, posted this wreath with hopes to get one made up.  She got the idea from another blogger/crafter. 

Kristen's Creations posted this beautiful wreath tutorial last month and I fell in love with it.  Fortunately for me, I found just about everything that she used for this wreath at Hobby Lobby for half price.  Yes, I purchased everything shown for half the price.  There is quite a bit of work time to get everything just right.  This is a large grapevine wreath.  I worked on it during my spare time (ha), so it took me approximately 3-4 days to complete.  It turned out to be much bigger than I thought it would be, but I love it.  At first, I wanted to display this Easter greeting on my front door.  Uh huh, not going to happen because it's too big and thick. 

Kristen displayed daisies with her wreath.  As much as I love daisies, I thought it would be special to display the dogwood instead.  If I could have found small white Easter lilies, I probably would have added them too.  Instead, I used dainty pink and lavender Spring flowers. 

I liked the lavender mesh ribbon that Kristen used, but they were out of stock, so I used baby blue.  It doesn't show in the photo, but I found that the mesh ribbon to be quite cumbersome to work with.  In Kristen's instructions, she states to cut the ribbon 1 yard in length strips to tie around the wreath.  Well, my problem with that was the ribbon wanted to unravel right where I just cut it.  I was beginning to worry that I had made a mistake.  After I finished the project, I went back over it and just trimmed where it was needed.  It looks much better and I'm pleased. 

Katie had a fit when she got home this afternoon to see our wreath.  Beings it is too big for the front door, I've placed it on our Dining Room wall.  The same wall that I'm trying to find the perfect mirror for under $100.  LOL! 

If you would like to make this wreath or one similar, you can find the tutorial on Kristen's Creations' website. 

Happy Crafting!

Mirya

No comments: