Friday, April 22, 2011

Spring Break 2011

Well, our Spring Break is coming to an end. I think Katie and Colton had a fairly nice week filled with lots of fun.

We spent a couple of hours at Katie's favorite store, Walmart, which was one of her requests to do for the day. We came home to rest a little and head outside for the remainder of the evening. The kids are so happy to be outside, playing. I was glad that it didn't rain on us Tuesday, so they could enjoy the afternoon.

Wednesday and Thursday filled most of our day with storms and rain. Yuck! I hated it because Doug took those days off to spend with us on our family days. So, we watched movies and played games. I even got to try out the new Michael Jackson Xbox Kinect game. It was pretty fun, but a challenge.

Friday, we celebrated "Good Friday" by visiting the new exhibit at the Birmingham Zoo "The Trails of Africa". It is a nice expansion and ready to add more animals. They've been moving exhibits around to make room and I did notice that there were a few new animals. It was such a beautiful day for our little excursion. By the end of the day, we reached the playground and watching the children playing in the water area, made me want to just jump right in with them. We were so hot and clammy.   We were exhausted by the end of the day, but it was so worth it.  I love the zoo!









Now, our Spring Break is winding down.  Tomorrow, we shall stay home and cook.  YAY!  I'd like to know how you'll be spending your Easter Sunday.  I'll have loads of pictures and stories to show and tell Monday, I'm sure. 

Until then . . .

HAPPY EASTER!
REJOICE FOR HE HAS RISEN!

Mirya

No comments: