Thursday, January 5, 2012

Submit Yourself

Reading Joyce Meyer's Devotion "Enjoying Everyday Life" for today, titled: "Breaking Satan's Assignment" was motivating for me.  Here I'm focused on kids, my new healthy life, family and there are so many people out there that need my help.  Even if it's something so simple as a smile or letting someone pulling out in front of me, helping someone get the bag of flour off of the top shelf at the grocery store. 

Joyce writes:

"Most people seem to only quote half of James 4:7: 'Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.' Discover the importance of the first half of this verse."

Well after much thought and research into the greek word Submit - "Hupotasso", which means to give or obey. The first half of this verse tells me to get out there and give myself/give to others by obedience of God Almighty. It's a fantastic and powerful meaning out of a such a small word - submit.

On a Healthy Note
This is day 3 on my new healthy way of life.  I can't say the word "diet" because I've failed every diet you could possibly think of, let's not forget last year's fitness overload at the gym.  Ugh!  No, this will be a whole new way of healthy living.  Fortunately, I've been eating whole grains, olive oils, Omega 3 oil and some veggies/fruit in the past.  I'm just going to step it up a little more than I have.  I've been educating myself a little more each day.  What foods fight or prevent diseases like cancer.  Ways to eat heart healthy and reduce fats.  It's challenging and educational. 

For instance, I've never heard of Flax Seed until I stopped and watched a snippet of Dr. Oz's show about Flax Seed and how it's good for you.  I figured that I would have to go to the GNC store in order to get it and when I do pick some up, what do you do with it?  Right?  What is it and why is it so good for you?  Well, I found out that it is rich in Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty oils and a good source of fiber.  It's an excellent food of good bacteria, which is great to prevent certain diseases like Colon Cancer.  Now knowing this information, where do I sign up?  I've found a couple of foods that contains Flax seed.  I first found World Table brand "Brown Rice and Flax Rice Crackers," which is pretty tasty.  It does contain potato starches, but it does contain other good ingredients like brown rice, flax seeds, safflower oil, soy and is whole grains.  I've always liked the Kashi brandname "TLC Oatmeal Raisin Cookies," but I never knew that it contains flax seeds.  That is until I got to reading the ingredients.  Now it might be a trace, but it is listed in the middle of the ingredients.  This is just a beginning to me.  As soon as I'm on my feet, who knows.  Maybe I can find out where to buy the ground flax seed and the recipes to make my own treats with my new friend - Flax Seeds. 

Nick wants me to keep my heart rate at around 127 while exercising because this will burn fat without gaining muscle.  So as simple as it may sound, I use my step ladder.  Going up and down steps just to keep my heart rate low.  Challenge!!!  You know in the working world, when things got overwhelming in the office.  One of my favorite sayings was "I love a challenge."  If keeping my heart rate at 127 during exercising will help me burn more fat, then I welcome the challenge!
I appreciate the prayers.  Who knows, the next time you hear from me I'll be a Flax Seed Connoisseur.  LOL!

Mirya

No comments: