Thursday, November 13, 2008

"I Want To Be A Mermaid"

Latest Katie Story
As you know, Katie loves tubby time. She absolutely hates to get out when we are finished. If you don't know, she has a wild imagination. After I finished giving her a tubby yesterday, she asked to play in the tub for a little longer. I had no problem because I needed to dry and style my hair for the day. While I was trying to style my hair, Katie told me that she wanted to be a mermaid. This isn't unusual because for about a year or so, she's been wanting to be a mermaid. What surprised me is that she told me that she wanted red hair. Okay. I figured that she's seen the red wigs for little girls to dress up like the mermaid "Ariel". Then, she tells me to take her hair off and get her some red hair. What? I asked her what she meant. She pointed to her hair and asked me to take her hair off. She didn't want her hair, but she wants red hair. Ha! Ha! I told her that if I removed her hair that it sure would hurt. With her face all squinted up, she asked, "it will?" I assured her that it would hurt. She said all upset, "but mom, I want my hair off." Now moms, explain that one. I just started another conversation.

Trans-Siberia Orchestra
While Ryan, Kacy & Whitney were visiting last Monday. I asked them if they knew or have heard of "Trans-Siberia Orchestra". Unfortunately, they looked at me confused, but they seemed interested. So, I told them that I was disappointed that I'll be missing their Winter Tour this year. They will be performing at the BJCC on Dec 20th. Doug and I really like them. The best way I could explain to the kids about TSO was that they take a rock out take on the traditional Christmas composed music. I told them that if they had a chance to pull them up on You-Tube. As most of you know my favorite musical is Cannon D Major composed by Pachelbel.



Well, TSO has a beautiful version of this song and I love to pop in my TSO CD around Christmas Time and listen to Cannon D. I wanted to give you a peek as well.




In The Thanksgiving Spirit
After reading a few blogs this morning, it seems that everyone is in the Thanksgiving spirit. Everyone is expressing the things and people that they are grateful to be blessed with, reminisce about their Thanksgiving Family Traditions and what comfort foods trigger wonderful childhood memories. I feel that is what keeps the spirit alive. With this love and happiness, it will spread like a wild fire. It keeps the memories of the past, savor the present and teach our children for their future. So, bloggers keep the spirit sorrowing on. No matter what Thanksgiving means to you, may you have a blessed and very loved Thanksgiving Holiday.

Why Believe In God?
Have you seen this ad where you live? "Why believe in a god? Just be good for goodness' sake."


For the past couple of days, Fox and Friends have been talking up this issue. The American Humanist Association unveiled the provocative $40,000 holiday ad campaign. The article quotes an AHA spokesperson saying, "We are trying to reach our audience, and sometimes in order to reach an audience, everybody has to hear you," said Fred Edwords, spokesman for the humanist group. "Our reason for doing it during the holidays is there are an awful lot of agnostics, atheists and other types of non-theists who feel a little alone during the holidays because of its association with traditional religion."

I feel so sorry for these people wanting to be a part of something that they don't believe exists. It goes back to it is our human nature to search for and want to belong to something or someone. Fortunately for Christians, we don't have to look anymore because we know the TRUTH - There is ONLY one God! Please pray for these people and association that they will have their eyes wiped clean by the blood of Christ and they too will finally know the TRUTH.

No comments: