Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Shop Til You Drop!

Peggy, Katie and I did a little Christmas shopping yesterday. We had a good time and I know Katie sure acted like she was having a good time. We were able to knock three people off of Peggy's Christmas list. At the mall, Peggy and Katie went around and around on the carousel. They made me dizzy just watching them going around and around. Katie wanted to do it again and I heard Peggy say something like no, I'm dizzy. Before we left the mall, Katie got to ride the Choo-Choo train and a little car. Peggy and I both tried our best to convince Katie to go talk with Santa, but she wouldn't have it. May be one of these days, Katie will sit on Santa's lap. We had lunch at Logan's Roadhouse and it was so good. I had their Fried Chicken Salad. Yummy! Katie ate some Chicken Tenders with fries and Peggy had the Chopped Sirloin. Katie doesn't like to eat breakfast as soon as she gets out of bed, so I knew she had to be hungry by lunch time. As you know, Katie doesn't like bread or anything with bread on it. Well, I guess she was so hungry that she ate a yeast roll with butter on it. The only way she would eat it, I had to cut it up in small pieces. Peggy promised her, she would take her to the toy store if she ate her lunch. Katie was all for that because that's all we heard the whole time we were trying to eat. "I ready to go to toy store." "I done, I go to toy store." I've been wanting Peggy to show me this toy store in town where her and Millard got Katie's baby buggy. It's a real nice toy store with all sorts of unique gifts. Katie had a blast and we had the hardest time getting her out of there. The store had a couple of cloth playhouses set up, along with a slide, a huge bean bag, wooden kitchen set, rocky horse and puppet theater. She was so busy running back and forth. She loved the playhouses & puppet theater. Then, I showed her the kitchen set. Oh, my goodness. Peggy and I were talking about how bad it was she can't have a kitchen set right now because we know how much fun she would have with it. I told Peggy, she might get one when we move into a bigger house. The only way we could get Katie to leave, we promised her we would go to another toy store. Every store we stopped at, she'd ask "toy store?" We had to tell her, no this isn't the toy store. Our last stop was Target. By this time, Katie was about give out and didn't care about the toy store. I told Peggy that I didn't want to break our promise to take her to the toy store. I had Katie lay her head on my jacket in the shopping cart. She was so tired. She perked up as soon as we got to the toy section. We went through all of the toys and I was able to show Peggy one of the gifts, I wanted to get Katie for her third birthday. It's a bounce playhouse for outside by Little Tykes. Peggy said it was the exact same bounce house her and Millard found online. Shoo! I don't know about Peggy, but I was wore out by the time we got home. Katie took a little cat nap on the way back to Peggy's house. I just knew, she would go straight to bed when we got to our house. Nope! She was wound up and hungry. I stopped by KFC and picked up some supper, it was so good. I think I was just hungry because Doug said it was a little greasy. I just wanted to go to bed after I ate supper. Needless to say, Katie wasn't ready for bedtime. I put her to bed at 9:00 and I guess she didn't go to sleep until close to midnight. I went through the hour of excuses why she couldn't stay in bed with the light out (she pooh-peed in her diaper, thirsty, she needed some more milk in her sippy, she needed to be tucked in, she needed the covers over her head, she wanted a different blanket, a different pillow, etc.). This list could go on and on. The last time I put her to bed around 10:00, I cracked her door this time because I didn't want to go to sleep with her door closed. To her advantage, I woke up around 10:30 with her laying between Doug and I in our bed. I was so tired, so I grabbed another pillow and had her get under the covers. Those of you who have kids, you know it's difficult to sleep with them. Well, Katie couldn't be still long enough for me to go back to sleep. Then, she starts with "I want something to drink, Mom." Ugh! It was around 11:00, I picked her up and put her back to her bed kicking and crying. She snuck back in our bedroom several times after that until close to 12:00. Yes, we slept in today! I woke up at 7:00 and rolled over. I think we both got out of bed this morning at 8:00.

Prayer Request
A couple from our church gave birth to their third child this past weekend, a little boy named Caleb. Caleb decided to come early. He weighs a little over 5 pounds. Little Caleb needs your prayers because the doctors and nurses are having some trouble controlling his blood sugar, it wants to go up and down. He is going to be staying in the NICU for the next 72 hours on an IV drip. His parents, Stephanie & Jimmy can go in and see him at any time. I don't know at this time, if Stephanie will be able to stay in the hospital with Caleb until he is released. Please remember this family in your prayers.

No comments: