Thursday, September 11, 2008

I'm Still Among The Living

Okay, I'm trying to update my blog because I've got a lot of people concerned about me. I want to thank all of you that have called or emailed the past couple of days, it makes me feel loved. Yeah, I'm still here. I have a feeling this is going to be a very long pregnancy unless I get some relief. lol! I asked Doug the other day, if it was April yet?

Doug and I had our last appointment with Dr. Long on Tuesday. I told the doctor and nurses about my many problems. Dr. Long recommended Miralax for one of the problem, which I will spare you with all the details. Ugh! When I told the nurse about how I have to go to bed around 7:00 because the nausea gets so bad at night. All she did was nod and agree that sickness will do that. What a pregnant person wants to hear is "oh, don't suffer like that. Why don't you take this miracle drug and you'll feel 100% better." I waited and waited for her to say something, but nope. Nothing. Darn! We got to see the baby again. It makes you feel good when you see that your baby is all nestled in his little space and doing well. He was having a good time. His little feet were kicking and the arms were flying around. The tech tried to take some pictures for our scrapbook, but he wouldn't be still long enough. Needless to say, you can't tell anything by the pictures that we received. As the tech was trying to show us his eye sockets and jaw bone, the little stinker decided to flip around. I guess he just didn't want to be bothered. You know, Katie was the same way. As Dr. Long was dismissing me, he said that everything is looking great and for us to let them know when the baby arrives.

During the night hours while I'm lay in bed watching TV and trying to relax, Doug and Katie are really bonding. He's done so good getting her ready for bed. I do as much as I can before I go to bed and then Doug finishes up later. Before I found out we were expecting, Katie always cried for me when she needed something. Now, she hollers for her daddy. Last night, he turned on one of her new movies, "Barbie and the Diamond Castle" for her to watch in her bedroom. When the movie was over, she began hollering "daddy, the movie's off". He'd go back there and get her all fixed up with another movie. It's been cute listening to them and their conversations.

I haven't gotten out of the house much. I just haven't felt good enough to want to go to the store. I have been wanting to get out and walk around the neighborhood for some kind of exercise. Monday morning, it was nice and cool. I thought, this would have been a perfect opportunity to walk a little bit. Unfortunately, Katie didn't want to leave her Noggin time. I tried my best to talk it up and make it fun. Would you believe that she cried, screamed and fussed one whole block? Yeah, we only went around one block and Katie was none too happy about it. With all the screaming and crying, "I don't want to walk!" She got the neighborhood dogs to barking, which made her fuss even more because she said that the dogs were scaring her. Once we got back home, she was so happy and began giggling. Ugh!

Mom's been going so good. With the help of Susan and Maryann, Mom and Dad were able to go to church together last Sunday. Susan said it was a very emotion moment. She said that everyone in the congregation stood up and clapped for Mom's return. Then, their Pastor Bro. Terry stood up and sang a song that he dedicated to her. Mom said they really know how to make a person feel special. Maryann told me that she took some pictures of Mom and Dad before they left for church. It was a very special day for all of them.

1 comment:

The Thorsrud Family said...

I am praying for you and baby, and so are my bible studies. I hope you get relief :0( Take care, and glad to hear baby is doing well. That's amazing how well Grandma is doing! PRAISE GOD.