Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Here Comes Colton

Colton is crawling more everyday and getting better at it, his access is limitless. Of course, to Katie this is completely unacceptable. I say this because Katie can no longer bring her toys (Polly Pocket and Barbie) into the Living Room, without me worrying if Colton will get a hold of them. She has left a few of her favorite Disney Dolls and stuffed animals either on the couch or floor in the Living Room, which she has quickly found out isn't a good idea. As soon as Colton sets his eyes on her most precious possessions, he quickly sets in motion to take a closer look at these grand toys. As soon as Katie notices him playing with her best friends, she begins screaming "mom, he has my stuff!" Again, I will remind her that if she doesn't want Colton to play with her toys, don't bring into the same room as he.

Another problem I'm experiencing with my two most precious children is Katie playing keep away from Colton. She'll grab either her or his toy, act like she's going to give it to him and then quickly snatch it away from him. There have been times where I see her actually dangle the toy over his head. Poor baby, he'll try his best to grab it.

The bumps and bruises have begun with Colton. We've been catching him pulling up on anything he can get his hands a hold of, table, chairs and toy boxes. I try to remind him that he is not old enough to be doing this, but he doesn't listen to me. I think he likes to scare mommy and sissy just a little bit. As I was getting Katie ready for ballet yesterday, he banged his head against one of our chairs in the Living Room. I didn't see what happened, but I knew he hit the back of his head. As soon as I was able to sit down with him at the studio, I checked out his head. Poor baby, I found a goose egg on the top of his head. Later that afternoon, Katie was playing with him. She was trying to open her cabinet that contains more toys. I knew Colton was too close and I tried to get her to not open the door, but I couldn't get there fast enough. {Whomp!} The door opened and hit Colton on the forehead. Poor Katie, she felt terrible. She told him that she was sorry along with a kiss on his forehead and a big hug.

Colton has been trying out the BIG tub for the past few bathtimes. He loves it! He likes to chase after his ducky all around the tubby. He's battling a cold, so it's been convenient for us give him a Vick's bath. I've even leaned over a time or two, breathing in the vapors. With the cool mornings and warm afternoons, the Mason's have tried to fight off the head colds. Luckily, Katie is the only healthy person right now. LOL! Doug claims that Colton is the one that shared his cold with us. Ha!




What Are You Thankful For This Year?
I believe I did this last year, but wanted to bring it back in honor of the upcoming "Thanksgiving" holiday. Please let me know 5 things you are grateful for.

  1. I'm grateful for God's Grace in my life
  2. For God granting me peace and my cup is overflowing with the love (loved ones) in my life.
  3. God blessing me with a beautiful and caring family and friends.
  4. Doug's job, so I may be able to stay home with the children.
  5. Healthy living parents and other family members.

Christmas Season Is Approaching
You can tell that the season is almost upon us because on the store selves, you'll find your favorite Christmas holiday treats. I found these the other day and it just put me in a great Christmas spirit. I absolutely love Christmas and what it does to my childlike heart.

I like hot tea, as long as it is strong and with a good flavor. I never have been the "green tea" type because it's so mild. I do like peppermint hot chocolate, so I thought I would try the Candy Cane Lane tea. I did like the hint of fresh peppermint taste; unfortunately, it still had that mild green tea flavor. My mom likes green tea, so I'll be passing this down to her. I think she'll like it better than I.

Thanksgiving is fast approaching and we have lots to do. This weekend, me and my family will be going to Portrait Innovations for our family portrait. I'll be posting those as soon as possible. The following weekend will be used as preparations for Thanksgiving weekend. We are having a huge Thanksgiving celebration this year with lots of out of state family members. I have a cousin from Texas, I haven't seen since I got married, 14 years ago. So, it will be exciting to see him and his family. Thanksgiving will be at my sister, Maryann, this year. Allen, cousin, likes fried turkeys. So, we are deep frying two this year, in his honor. Honestly, I've gotten to where that's the only way I like to eat a turkey. Any other way, it just seems so dry tasting. I've told Maryann that I was thinking about bringing out some old recipes to make for the dinner. I make really good dips, spinach and artichoke dip(below) and Doug's famous Buffalo Chicken Dip.

Princeton's Spinach Dip Recipe
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach thawed & drained
1 container (16 oz.) sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1 pkg. KNORR Vegetable Soup, Dip & Recipe Mix
1 can (8 oz.) water chestnuts, drained & chopped
1 can (5-6) artichoke squeezed dry & crumb
1 pkg. shredded mozzerella

Medium bowl stir spinach, sour cream, mayo, artichoke, cheese, soup mix & chestnuts until well mixed.

Cover, chill for 2 hours to blend flavors

Stir well. Serve with chips, vegetables or (my favorite) Hawaiian bread.

Note: I like to cut a hole out in the center of a loaf of Hawaiian bread & set a bowl of dip in it. Take the cut out bread and cut into dipping pieces and set them around the edge of the platter.


Mirya

2 comments:

Allison said...

We are getting Anya the Leapster 2 for Christmas. Some of the games are math oriented though so watch out for those.

The Thorsrud Family said...

HA! I just put pics of Carson in the tub on my blog too! LOVE IT! He has the CUTEST CHEEKS! I want to SQUEEZE them!