Friday, June 11, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

I didn't get to blog yesterday, so I have to wish my husband of 15 years a very . . .
Happy Anniversary!

It's hard to imagine how 15 years has flown by so fast. It's been a roller coaster ride, but I wouldn't want it any other way. Honestly, I love roller coasters a lot better with all of it's ups and downs because in the end it can be such a RUSH! I prefer them than the constant round and round of the carousel.

VBS
Today was the last day of Vacation Bible School.  Katie had a blast!  When I went to pick her up, she had not finished coloring her bible page and asked to stay and finish it.  Mrs. M told me how she's admired Katie's pretty coloring.  LOL!  There was nothing for me to do than take a seat beside Katie.  She introduced me to her new friend, Rachel, and a few of the little boys came running up to me, showing me their paper cowboy hats.  I thought is was so sweet while Katie was coloring, she turned to me and said she would miss Mrs. M.  I told her that she needed to tell Mrs. M because after being with a room full of 4 & 5 year olds for a full week, she would like to hear those words right about now.  Katie even gave her a big hug, while telling her how much she'll miss her.  I think it made Mrs. M's day hearing those words.  I told M the other day because things were a little crazy that she was one brave soul.  She teaches music at a school, so she is probably use to it.  Since Katie was so good this past week and wasn't too hard to get out of bed every morning, I took her to Walmart after Bible School.  She was so excited! 

What's for Supper?
Millard and Peggy had supper with us.  Peggy made a big pot of beef stew.  Dad had just given us a mess of squash, so I thought it would go great with the stew.  I stopped by the farmers market and picked up a mess of zucchini and a sweet onion.  I love boiled squash, zucchini and onion smothered in butter, salt and pepper.  So good!  You can't beat fresh veggies on a Summer day!

Tonight, we are having company over again.  So, the menu will be a good ol' country boil (shrimp, crab legs, corn and potatoes).  We are also serving fried chicken and sides.  For dessert, we'll have watermelon and Hot Fudge Brownie.  So, y'all come on over!  I'll post pictures later. 

Mirya

No comments: