Monday, June 28, 2010

Things Worth Mentioning

I got an email today from my favorite restaurant "P.F. Chang's". They are having a good deal going on right now until July 30th. Just click on their WEBSITE HERE for the Briny Golf Challange 2010, submit your email address and you'll get a coupon for one free lettuce wrap per person with your next entree. SWEET! I'm all ready to go.

Speaking of P.F. Chang's, I am loving their new meals that you can pick up at your local grocery store for $7 a pack. We've tried their "General Chang's Chicken", "Beef and Broccoli" and "Shrimp Fried Rice". We didn't care for the "Shrimp Fried Rice" and the "General Chang's Chicken" tasted just like "General Tso's Chicken" to me.

Movies In Review
Beings that the heat index is around 100 degrees, we have no Movie Gallery anymore and we have three Redboxes in the area. Doug, Katie and I have been viewing quite a few movies lately.

It's Complicated
Sure, I may not relate to this storyline, but it was so hilarious! Grant it, I've never been a big Alec Baldwin fan, but he and Meryl Streep were awesome in this movie.

I have to tell you, this movie isn't a family movie.

When In Rome
This is such a sweet and funny romantic film.  I really enjoyed the storyline and Josh Duhamel is your basic eye candy.  This is a PG-13 movie and not suitable for the whole family.


The Book of Eli
Right off the bat, I didn't know if I would like this movie at all. I gave it a chance because Denzel Washington was the main character. I'm not too much for the end of the world type movie and how everything turns to dust and how life as we know it is gone. How depressing is that? The story of Eli (main character) was nice and good; however, I think they could have done a lot without the cussing. It wasn't my favorite movie.


The Spy Next Door
It was cute and Katie found it a humorous movie, starring Jackie Chan. I really like Jackie Chan movies. It's rated PG, so I watched it carefully with Katie. The only thing that I saw was the fighting, which makes me think that's why it was rated PG.


Valentine's Day
This was a sweet movie. There are twists and turns. One thing is true, love hurts and there is hope for even the loneliest on Valentine's Day. I really like the soundtrack for this film, I'll have to check it out in the store.  It was kind of funny how they had Taylor Swift as a ditzy blonde. 


Mirya

No comments: