- You must have a Directv DVR system access.
- On your Directv remote control, click the "menu" button.
- Under Menu, select "Smart Search"
- From here you can either type in the specific name you are searching or you can select one of four suggested searches, for instance, "Thanksgiving".
- The suggestions are endless, but you must have access to the specific channels.
Because of this program, I've been able to watch Martha Stewarts' Thanksgiving specials, Throwdown with Bobby Flay Thanksgiving Special, Thanksgiving Unwrapped, and the Secret Life of Thanksgiving. Katie is at the age to show interest in History, so I thought a couple of these programs would help her to understand. I wanted to give her a visual. She watched about 30 minutes of "Secret Life of Thanksgiving" and she told me that she's seen enough. Of course, by that time they were into the secret life of Thanksgiving cooking traditions like how to cook a turkey, dressing and cranberry sauce. She's not too excited about cooking as she is history. LOL! By the way, these specials will be showing all week up to Thanksgiving Day.
The things that comes out of babes' mouth? Katie is five years old and I'm still amazed what she picks up. On the way to school, we were talking about how she loves for her daddy to take her to school every Friday. Out of the blue, she told me that he doesn't wear makeup. Shocked, I repeated what she just said as to ask the question (did you just say this?). She confirmed it. I told her that boys don't wear makeup. In mid-sentence, she said "yeah, it's because makeup is disgusting." I'm sorry, but that made me crack up. Only my child. I hope she will continue to think makeup is "disgusting" until she is a teenager. It sure would make my life easier.
YES! He is beginning to show signs of talking. I don't mean to worry, but my word every other child close to his age, that I know, are saying words. Colton will be 20 months old in a few short days and the only two words he will say are "momma" and "dada". Last week, I was cooking and like every other time I told Colton "hot" and held my hand up. Out of the blue, he held his hand up and repeated "ha". Close enough for me. I was so excited. So now, when he eats and he sees me blowing on his food (to cool it down), he'll ask "ha". If it is ha, he'll help me blow on it.
Yesterday, he said, "baww" which means ball. He'll hold his ball and tell me what is, "baww". I'll have to sneak some video of him and his new words because his facial expressions kill me. So funny.
Well this time next week, we'll be bustling about trying to get the last minute preparations finished for our fabulous Thanksgiving meal, putting on our best Thanksgiving outfits and loading up our vehicles for an evening of travel. I absolutely love Thanksgiving and all it's timeless traditions:
- Macy's Day Parade
- Thanksgiving Day Specials on television like "Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving"
- All the old and new faces around the dinner table, sharing stories and the laughter
- Traditional Thanksgiving cooking
- Turkey and corn bread dressing served with gibblet gravy
- Mashed potatoes
- Assortment of casseroles, including sweet potato casserole ~ yum, yum!
- Canned cranberry sauce
- Deviled eggs
- Pies galore ~ pecan, chocolate, pumpkin
- Michael is my brother-in-laws' brother. Yeah, I said that plural. My two sisters married brothers. Anyway, Michael is in ICU for an DO on prescription drugs. Before you pass judgement, you must understand that he has had his share of physical pain and suffering. I don't know what I would do, if I were in his shoes. The DO was strictly by mistake because as soon as he felt weird, he called his brother. Apparently, he is having some heart issues. Doctors are trying to find him a hospital in B'ham to fit all of his needs. Currently, he is struggling with detox at the hospital. He needs God's peace and strength.
- My nephew and nieces are going through a rough time at school. They have all choosen the medical field and it's pretty tough. I think they are all ready for a good Thanksgiving break, away from the stresses and strains of college life.
- All the Thanksgiving travellers starting this weekend to head towards their destinations. I hope they have safe travel.