Thursday, November 11, 2010

Still Here!

Yes, I'm still here. I've had a lot going on and have been busy, busy.

As you know, Katie brought home a great report card and I promised her that we would go shopping at one of her favorite stores, Target. She had a little money and she got some money for her report card, so I thought she would like to spend it. She chose to go to Super Target, which we LOVE to visit every now and then.

On our way to Target, I wanted to stop off at Kohl's. I saw a commerical the other day announcing that Vera Wang is selling her brand of clothing at Kohl's. I LOVE some of Vera Wang's designs, but can't afford her. I wanted to check it out. I also wanted to shop for a few Christmas gifts, while we were there. Of course, they had some really great sales. Katie and I had a ball just looking at everything. I liked the Vera Wang tops, but the long sleeves have this snug fit. I never have cared for snug fit sleeves, I catch myself constantly tugging on them. The tops were very reasonable. The ones I liked were 35% off, which would be around $20. I also noticed Vera Wang's name on a few of the bedding sets. I didn't need any bedding stuff or I would have checked it out as well. I may have left without my Vera Wang top, but we so made up for it with my Christmas gifts.

Kohl's currently has a special program going on right now "Kohl's Cares for Kids." By the registers are tables full of Dr. Seuss books and matching stuffed characters. For every item special marked product purchased a 100% of the net profit from that item will be donated to support children's health and education initiatives nationwide. Apparently, the past 10 years, they've been able to raise $150 million and counting. For additional information about "Kohl's Cares for Kids", you can visit this WEBSITE! I picked up Katie and Colton these special Dr. Seuss pals with books. Each stuff animal and book are $5. I think this would make such a great Christmas gift. Katie wanted to buy her pink Wocket and book with her own money. I actually wanted to give Colton his Grinch and book for Christmas. Unfortunately, he saw Katie's Wocket and loved it. To keep peace within the family, I dug out his gift. He seemed to like it. I tried reading "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and yeah, we need to wait until he is a little older. He's attention span is a little short. LOL!
My little bookworms showing off their Dr. Seuss gifts from Kohl's

Colton admiring the pictures, while Katie poses with her Wocket and the Grinch

She loves her Wocket

After loooong deliberations (on Katie's part), she finally finished off spending her money at Target on an Ariel playset. I haven't seen these before, so they must be new for Christmas. They had several ~Snow White, Cinderella, Beauty and The Beast. Target's getting a little Christmas stuff out. Katie had a blast looking through the pink ornaments and Nutcrackers. She is an ornament NUT. Normally, I get her a new ornament every year. This year, she already has 4 new ones (pink carousel horse clip w/pink feather, Hello Kitty, pink music note, pink lollipop with bow). She wanted me to let her get a silver glitter nutcracker ornament at Kohl's, but I just got her a lime green glitter nutcracker decoration.

It wasn't long before we were ready for some good ol' Mellow Mushroom. Oh! It's amazing how this place is never old to us. Their pizza is the best! I let Katie order her own cheese pizza this time, while mama had her usual "House Special". YUM! I was telling Katie, while we were eating that next year when Natalie lives down the block, we'll have to meet her at our favorite hang out.

CONGRATULATIONS NATALIE!

I have to congratulate my niece, Natalie for signing with a local college.  She is to receive a full scholarship and be apart of their basketball team, next August. She along with two other girls, she plays ball with, will have the opportunity to be roomies.  I'm so happy for her.  Natalie, we are so proud of you and wish you the very best!


ROLL TIDE BABY!


Mirya

No comments: