Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Parties, Parties and more

 photo DSC_0410_zps17687998.jpg
Colton and Katie LOVED their Hershey Kiss.  Katie told me that it was the biggest Hershey Kiss she'd ever seen in her life.  LOL!  They are still slowly working on their Kiss.

 photo DSC_0413_zps50748acd.jpg 
I got to be the party leader for our Valentine party.  We had loads of fun!  I had so much fun that I had to have a nap later that day.  LOL!  I made a batch of my "Love Truffles" and all the other parents brought fruit, cupcakes, cookies, juice boxes, and other candies.  Mrs. M liked my truffles.  Katie made a little box for Mrs. M to take some home for herself and her hubby.  I love this class!  Such a great group of fantastic kids and loving, supportive parents.  

School year is slowly wrapping up and Katie has taken notice.  She is sad.  She just loves school so much!  I told her to just enjoy the rest of the year and look forward to the next year.  She brought her report card home last night.  STRAIGHT As!!  {applaud} Her DIBELS test came back this week as well.  She is doing great.  The goal for the end of the year, children her age should be able to read 90 words per minutes by the month of May.  I'm happy to report Katie read 142 words per minute.  As far as her math test, she has scored all average for a second grader.

 She has worked so hard and stressed out a few times, but she made it.  We are so proud of her.  Last week, she wrote her first book report.  Honestly, I don't remember writing reports at such a young age.  Of course, she plagiarized.  Her book report was about Martin L. King.  She was inspired about his peaceful movements.  Now, the kids have to make posters that represent their book reports.  I can't wait to see it.

 photo DSC_0032_zps33b5deb4.jpg  photo DSC_0028_zps154e1d00.jpg
Last Sunday, Whitney's Mother-in-law threw her a baby shower for baby Avery.  Doesn't she look great?  The baby is due the first week of April, but we really don't think she'll make her due date.  She was early with Zayden.  Whitney is nothing but baby.  She said that when she stretches, she has a head in her ribs and a foot in her hip.  Poor thing.  I was the same way with Katie.  As you can tell, her nursery is lavender.   I love shades of purple.  I went a little crazy painted in my house.  I have a lilac bathroom and grape colored bedroom.  LOL!  

 photo DSC_0052_zpsede0bd45.jpg
The Three Musketeers!

I tried a new recipe for this month.  If you like Barbecue Chicken and you are living a healthier lifestyle, then this recipe is for you.  

Sweet Baby Ray's Crockpot Chicken
4-6     Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1 btl   Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
1/4 C Vinegar
1 tsp   Red Pepper Flakes
1/4 C  Brown sugar
1 tsp   Garlic Powder

Mix BBQ sauce with vinegar, red pepper flakes, brown sugar and garlic powder.  

Place chicken in crockpot (still frozen is ok).  Pour sauce mixture over chicken. 

Cook on LOW 4-6 hours.  

The chicken is so moist that it just falls apart.  I actually bought a larger bottle of BBQ sauce, so I added a little more.  I did this to make sure that the chicken would have enough liquid to stay moist and not dry out.  

I had planned to serve with steamed veggies and sweet corn on the cob.  Unfortunately, Katie was having a school project crisis that Doug had to help out in the Kitchen.  He preferred canned french cut green beans and canned sweet whole corn.  It was still real good.  


  Mirya

No comments: