Thursday, February 28, 2013

Roast Beef Crescent with Au Jus Sauce - Yum!

Brrr! It feels like we are still in the month of January with wind chill factors in the 20s because of the very cold winds. I love every season, but when the cold gets into my bones I am instantly ready for warmer weather. News reports are predicting that we should get a chance of flurries this weekend along with more COLD temps. Okay Spring, lets bring in the 60-70 degree weather because I'm getting cabin fever. I would love to get outside and go for a walk. Colton is going through playground withdrawals. Yesterday, he begged and begged to go to the playground. I felt so bad for him, so we ate lunch at Chick-fil-a, which happens to have a indoor playground. I'm not in love with indoor restaurant playgrounds, but it saved my day. He has so much energy and he just can't get it all out, stuck inside the house. My sister got a taste of it yesterday. We visited my eldest sister on her birthday. I couldn't get Colton and Katie to calm down for nothing, plus they got little Zayden all wound up as well.

   photo DSC_0138_zpsfa0d51d2.jpg 

I am ending this last day of February with one more new recipe that I made last night. So so good! It is a low fat meal, but that's about it. I used reduced fat crescent rolls and cheese.

 photo DSC_0139_zpsfaa56480.jpg

Roast Beef Crescent with Au Jus Sauce
Ingredients: 
1 (8 count) can of reduced fat crescent rolls 
Thinly sliced roast beef
Reduced fat Provolone Cheese
Horseradish Sauce 
Packet of Au Jus Sauce

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 

Unroll the crescent rolls and separate the 8 pieces on a working source.  Put a dab of horseradish sauce on each piece.  Place 1-2 slices of roast beef on each piece of crescent.  I cut the cheese in half to make it fit on each crescent.  

Begin rolling each roast beef crescent, starting with the wide end to the narrow end.  Place on a cookie sheet.  Bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.  

Meanwhile, cook the Au Jus sauce as instructed on packet.  Cooking time is about 3-4 minutes or until boiling.  

Simple. Quick and Easy!  

I served our roast beef crescents with baked sweet potato fries.  SO GOOD!!!!!

Note: I used Provolone cheese because it is one of my favorite, I'm not a big Swiss cheese fan.  Plus, It melted perfectly in the oven.  You can also use Mozzarella cheese as well.  I think these would make great party hor d'oeuvres.


  Mirya

No comments: