Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Duck Commander Family Book Review

 photo duck-dynasty-ae-networks_zps4a12488f.jpg 
~ photo supplied by Duck Dynasty~

Happy Mardi Gras Y'all!! 

What a better way to celebrate Fat Tuesday then give you a book review about one of the best Christian families from Louisiana.  I have actually been wanting to give you this review for about a month now, but too many other things took precedence.  

I have to thank my sweet sweet friend and cousin-in-law for giving me "The Duck Commander Family" book for Christmas.  Some how she found out how much Doug and I are on fire for the "Duck Dynasty" show on A&E channel. The new season premier will be Wednesday, February 27th on A&E at 10/9 CST.  To make the gift even sweeter, she had Mrs. Kay Robertson sign the book for me.  Isn't that so nice?  Thank you girl!  

This book is just like the television show, not. a. disappointment.  It is absolutely a must read!  I promise you.  You will kick yourself for not reading this sooner.  It is that good.  Talk about inspiring as well.  A lot of times, while reading the book, I felt myself feeling like "ugh, why can't I get that motivated.  Or man, I've got to step up my game."  I don't want to give a lot away, but Willie and Korie will take you on a ride from rags to riches story.  They tell you how God transformed their lives for the better and He continues to bless them.  There were some situations and era that I could relate, then they show you how they survived by the grace of God.  When I finished the book, I felt like I'd known them all their life.  Real down to earth, food lovin', God praisin', good ol' folks.  What I love the best about the whole Robertson family is how they always give God the glory.  

The book is full of never seen before pictures from the younger days and several recipes from Mrs. Kay, Willie and Phil.  I want to leave you with a quote from Willie on his advice.  

"Don't take yourself too seriously, laugh a lot, enjoy your time with family, and appreciate the unique talents of others.  Trust in God, love your neighbor, say you're sorry, forgive and work hard.  Sit down to a good meal, turn off your cell phone, respect your elders, and of course, get out in the woods and enjoy some good ol' frog legs.  That's the Robertson way!"  


  Mirya

No comments: