Saturday, February 26, 2011

Mom Update and Katie's Party

Mom's Update
Yesterday Doug watched Colton for me, while I spent half the day with mom. I hoped to be able to help out a little. Maryann stayed the night with mom and dad the night before. They had a little bit of a rough night, so Maryann went home to get some well needed sleep. I think she also had a few things to take care of as well. Before she left, we were able to bathe mom and freshen her up. I know I always feel better when I get a good shower. I think mom had somewhat of a bad day when it came to the pain. To top it off, she had muscle spasms in her right leg. It would not cooperate with her. Her left leg is her bad leg, so out came the walker. It helped her out some.  It's just going to take time and patience to get over this mountain.  Thank you for all the prayers.  She really does appreciate it. 

The nurse told Maryann today that it being the third day, her swelling is coming down and she is feeling the nerves. She is to stay on the pain pills and muscle relaxers for a few days. After all mom has been through the past couple of days, I have to say that she is doing remarkable compared to the last time. Coming home from their house last night, I kept tearing up because I am so grateful to God Almighty that it was nothing near as bad as it was last time.

GLORY BE TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST!
HE IS A MIGHTY MIGHTY GRACIOUS LORD OF MY LIFE.

Us sisters have come together and set a plan as to who can help and when. Tonight, Susan is staying the night to give Maryann some relief. Tomorrow, mom's bandage is suppose to come off. Maryann and Susan plan to give mom a shower, depending on how well the wound area is healing. I think we will try to visit for a little bit tomorrow. Susan hasn't seen the kids since Christmas and buddy am I hearing it. She told me to not show up, if the kids are not with me. LOL!

Birthday Party
Katie was invited to a boy in her class' 6th birthday party.  I've never really been inside the AIO building because the only times Katie's been is when Whitney, Leslie and Natalie have taken her.  She pretty much knew what to do, I just followed.  It was nice to meet some of the moms and dads.  I knew a couple of them already, which makes it a little easier to carry on a conversation.  I tried and tried to take a good picture of Katie playing on the blow-up stuff, but they all pretty much turned out blurry because she wouldn't stay still long enough to get a good picture. 

In the slideshow below, I've also included a few pictures of Colton and his new hair cut and outfit.  He was eating M&Ms, so I thought it was a good photo op.  When Katie and I got back from the birthday party, I caught her outside helping daddy change the oil in the car.  LOL!  She's such a tomboy when she wants to be.  I had to capture this moment.  She didn't stay under the car the whole time.  She told her daddy after awhile that changing oil was too boring, so she came in the house.  She grabbed a few of her things from her bedroom and went back outside to play. 



She's got another party tomorrow at the skating rink.  She's never skated before in her life, so this should be interesting.  Stay tuned . . .

No comments: