Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Prayer Request

I need your prayers. I went to the doctor a few days ago and the lab called me today. It appears I have an elevated Prolactin level. What does this mean? There might be a small tumor on my pituitary gland. A tumor usually secretes Prolactin into my body, causing my symptoms. My doctor's office will schedule an MRI for me. The MRI will give my doctor confirmation if there is or not a tumor.  {Jokingly} I've always known that I would need to x-ray my head to see if I've got a brain. LOL! Well, I'm getting one now. This isn't very serious. Apparently, if I do have a tumor it can easily be treated with medication. I would appreciate the prayers just the same.

Please note: My parents do not know yet. Mom's still recovering from her operation and I don't think this would be the right time to tell her. I don't think she would take it hard, but you never know.

Mirya

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you Mirya!

The Keyes Family said...

im sorry to hear that. I'm sure it will turn out to be nothing or something little. Don't you worry we will pray for you! ;-)

Allison said...

Hugs and Prayers for you my friend! Let me know if you need ANYTHING!