Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Weather Only Ducks Would Love

Just like my title, we've had some exciting rainy weather during the night and this morning. Our county school system was delayed for 2 hours. City schools started at their regular time, but some streets sure were iffy to cross. I made sure to leave early this morning. With my past accidents due to rain, you learn to drive extremely aware of the weather/road conditions. Of course, pray for the idiots that pass you going 55-60 miles an hour in a 55 m/h stretch. On the way to school, it was a sight crossing over the bridges. Wow! The roaring water rushing under the bridges, turned brown with mud and white caps.

Canadian Geese taking a rest by Lake Catoma, while it rained

The first thing that entered by mind was Catoma Waterfall. I was wondering how the condition was because sometimes during a big flood, the city has to close the streets that run close to the waterfall. Most of the time, the bridge that runs over the waterway floods. I've seen the waterfall bursting over the rocks below making quite a fantastic scene. I had hoped to get close enough to capture it's rage on film. Like I suspected, the streets and bridge to the Catoma Waterfall was closed, but I couldn't get close enough to take a picture of the waterfall. I should say, close enough without getting myself and Colton in danger.

Driving down a neighboring street I could see the top of the waterfall splashing about over the top of a residential home. I would have loved to walk up to the property and take a picture, but I didn't dare. I'm sure it would have been a sight.

Straight ahead was a bridge.  The waterfall is to the left.
According to the morning news, several areas West received an average of 3 inches of rain. I think we received 2 inches. They showed where Southwest received 4-5 inches of rain. We are expected to receive spot showers all day today.

With the rain, to our surprise, we have a leak in our roof.  Right above our Kitchen bar.  FUN!  With all the rain we received this morning, a small little bulge appeared in our ceiling.  Doug and I have been thinking back when we had our new roof put on.  Do you remember THIS post back in 2008?  I don't see how you could forget.  What an experience.  Get this, we won't be using Paul ever again.  A friend of ours owns a building supply store and they gave us a recommendation.  I just hope it won't cost too much.  The good thing is we has insurance.  The bad thing is we have a $1,000 deductible.  Ugh!  Makes me sick to my stomache.  Please pray for us.   

Busy Month
I've been on the phone most of the day yesterday, marking off the "To-Do's" on my list. I've got Katie's swimming lessons scheduled for the end of June. My friend and Katie's swim coach, RA, had two spots open for lessons this Summer. Shew! You would think I would learn by now, since this will be Katie's 4th year of swimming lessons, that I would call early in the year. Katie is so excited to get back into swimming.

I've inquired about this year's Gymnastic/Tumble Summer Camp. I haven't received a response yet, if they will have one this year at the Gymnastic and Cheer Academy. I've been told that they do have camps. Hopefully, I'll hear something very soon.

Our church sent out notices that our VBS "Pandamania" will be towards the end of June. I've inquired about volunteering if they are offering daycare. I don't see how they expect mothers with small children to volunteer, if there is no daycare. I wanted to help in years past, but I was told they didn't offer daycare. Ugh! This time, I went to the main man with the question.  I'm waiting for a reply to my email. 

Katie will be having her school picture taken again this month. I just loved her Fall picture, so I hope this one will be just as good.

Katie's school had their fundraiser this year, selling strawberries. She raised approximately $65 for her class. The strawberries are supposed to be in by next week. If you ordered some from her, I will get them to you as soon as I receive them.

I go in for my MRI tomorrow. I was so glad to be able to get it done this week that way I won't have to keep thinking about it. Doug will be coming with me for moral support. My doctor's office told me that they would inform me of the results as soon as they receive them.

I've got Colton's 2 year old pictures scheduled for this week. The guy, I spoke with on the phone, made a note that I wanted the Harley Davidson motorcycle in one of the shots. Oh, I'm so excited! I just hope Colton will be in a good mood that day.

The only thing I've got left to do for Colton's party is piece the "Colton" banner together with the ribbon I purchased the other day. Things are coming right along. I ordered Colton's birthday present the other day. I'm too excited to see his face when he sees it. Millard and Peggy went together with us on his gift. It should come in the next few days. We're going to need another storage building. HAHA! As you may know, our birthday theme this year is "Trains". I've been looking for a Conductor's hat for Colton to wear. I really didn't want to purchase the whole costume just to get the cap. I ended up finding a brand new Engineer set on eBay for $8. The set included the adjustable cap and a red bandana. The hat is adorable and Colton seems to like it just like the rest of his caps. I've never seen a child love hats as much as he.

Mirya

No comments: