Thursday, February 9, 2012

A Glimpse of Spring

Photobucket
It's February and the flowers are in bloom. I took these photos today. 

Photobucket
We haven't had much of a Winter, but seeing flowers in bloom and the fairly warm temps, gets me in the mood for Spring.
Photobucket
Valentine Butterflies

Our project this year, to make 20 Valentine Butterflies to pass out to everyone in Katie's class during their Valentine party.  Each one has their own personality.  I think they turned out adorable. I got the idea from  Skip to My Lou.  You can get the template from the website.  I just printed them out on 8x10 scrapbook paper.  I had Katie decorate them.  I am in love with Glitter Markers.  It's the coolest thing ever.  We added antennas and eyes, it really gives them personality.  We had so much fun creating these.  I think the kids will like them.    

Katie came down sick yesterday, a 24 hour bug.  She's doing great now and so excited about her Valentine party tomorrow.  She loves the whole Valentine holiday.  I think it's because she loves hearts, the colors pink and red and fairytales.  I found the cutest thing for Katie's Valentine gift.  She is going to flip out.  She collects Lalaloopsy dolls.  Well, I found a mini-lalaloopsy set that is "Alice and Wonderland."  There are two dolls, Madhatter and Alice.  It also includes little accessories like the Cheshire Cat and teapot.  Soooo precious!  I can't wait for her to see it. 

Colton kind of found his gift and because mom and I were so involved in our project for the past couple of days, I let him go ahead and play with it.  It's a big plush Woody from "Toy Story."  To show you what a push over I am, he also got to play with one of his birthday presents.  Whell!  He knew that I put it in my bedroom.  He kept aggravating us about it.  It started out him just carrying around his Thor action figure still in the box.  All we heard for the next hour, "I AM THOR!  ANYONE WHO POSSES THE POWER OF THOR!"  (Blah Blah Blah)  Next thing you know, he was trying his best to crack it open.  Like any mother that buys toys well in advance of a child's birthday that he was with me when I bought it, I opened the stupid box and let the child play with his birthday present.  A month before his birthday.   Hey, we got our project done in two days because of it. 
Mirya

No comments: