Friday, February 10, 2012

Happy Valentine's Weekend!

Photobucket
As you can see, Katie made it to her school Valentine's party. She was so excited this morning.  Like she said, today was her day.  Her daddy took her to school and momma came to her party with treats to pass out to all of her friends.  I love her class this year.  Everyone are friends, students, teacher and parents.  We just have an awesome class! 

Later, we met mom and dad at their house and went to the Rehab Center.  A place my mom spent a great deal of time when she was so sick.  Sometimes the elderly are forgotten and they need our love as well.   What better way to show God's love than to go and say hello to them.  We didn't get to spend a great deal of time in each room because they have a little over 200 residents.  Mom, Katie and I made each resident a little valentine with a scripture on one side and decorated the other.  I know, having a mom in a Nursing Home/Rehab Clinic, they get lonely and appreciate you remembering them.  My mom was so lonesome when all of us went home.  She looked forward to the next day that we would come to visit, it keeps them going.  We ran into several family members there, visiting their loved ones.  They told us how much they appreciated us coming by and it gave us an opportunity to tell mom's story.  Just to let them know, "hey I know what you are going through and we are thinking of you."  I was just as blessed as they probably were today.  Katie was our little mail lady, delivering cards to each person that I saw wasn't a risk.  She was our little mascot.  Her just going into the rooms with valentines created lots of smiling faces.  It just brightened their day.  I told mom that it's good for Katie to volunteer and experience kinds and love this way.  I think she understands and I'm hope teaching her humility and humbled.  Honestly, I think it did mom good too.  She got to see her therapist.  Her therapist was so happy to see her.  She said that she needed to see mom, to remind her why she chose this field of work.  She just had a frustrating day.  Of course, they both began crying.  It got me choked up as well.  Mom got hugs from a lot of nurses and residents that she made friendships with during her time there.  I think it did everyone good to have this reunion.  We visited each and every resident in the clinic.  I was so pleased that mom made it!  She got a work out and she may not get out of her chair tomorrow.  HAHA!  I'm so glad we got to do this.  It  made my heart joyful.  One scripture we wrote on some of the cards - "A happy heart makes the face cheerful."  Proverbs 15:13.  I love this verse and it really applied to my life today.

We haven't decided if we are going to celebrate Valentine's Day this weekend or if are going to wait until Tuesday.  While we are deciding, I would like to wish you a very . . .

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!    

Mirya

1 comment:

Laura said...

Awesome post, Mirya! Made me cry! Happy VDay!!