Thursday, August 2, 2012

Weight Watcher Enchiladas

Enchiladas 
I made this fabulous dish for me and my hubby tonight.  

The only thing that's missing in the picture, I forgot to put my dollop of sour cream and salsa.  Ugh!  Oh well, you'll just have to imagine that it's there.  I got this recipe from Recipe Diaries and I added my two cents worth, to make it mine. 

Weight Watcher Enchiladas
1 lb. ground turkey
1 (10 oz.) can enchilada sauce
1 (8 oz.) can of tomato sauce 
1 (16 oz.) can reduced fat refrigerator biscuits
1 1/4 cups shredded low fat Mexican Cheese
1 small can sliced black olives
1 can cream sweet corn style
1 can green chiles & tomatoes
Dollop of Fat Free Sour Cream 
Dollop Salsa 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

Brown turkey and drain if needed.  Mix in a can of enchilada sauce and tomato sauce.  Add olives, corn and a little cheese in with meat.  Let mixture heat.  Cut the refrigerated biscuits into fourths and stir them in the meat mixture. 

Pour mixture into a large (8x11) greased casserole dish.  Bake for 25 minutes until the biscuits are cooked through.  Take out of oven and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.  Bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.  Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.  Top with a dollop of sour cream and salsa.  

Note:  You can add black beans inside the casserole or you can do like me and serve Bush's Grillin' Beans - Black Bean Fiesta.  It is delicious!  You can also use tortilla chips to help spoon all the goody to eat.  

Makes 6-8 servings

Nutrition Info.  Calories 390; Fat 11.5g; Carbohydrate 36g; Fiber 2g; Protein 33g; WW 10 points

Enjoy!

  Mirya

No comments: