Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Happy Birthday - Pat!!!!

I want to wish my brother-in-law, Pat, a very Happy Birthday today! I have to type BIG because I've heard that your eyes are the first to go when you get old. tehe!!!! Just kiddin' Pat (not really). We hope you have a great day and many many more birthdays.

Yesterday, I opened up my new Bare Minerals makeup. At first it was a little intimidating because it comes with a DVD. I made sure Katie was taking a nap. I grabbed Katie's folding table and set it in the middle of the Living Room floor. I washed my face real good and put a hair band in my hair, in order to keep it off of my face. Opened the Bare Minerals foundation kit and popped in the DVD. I went step by step with the makeup and I have to say I was impressed. During the practice session, I tried the medium-beige foundation. Today, I put on the makeup and this time I tried the medium. I think the medium foundations are a little too dark with my complexion; however, I really like the makeup. Most of you know how I have terrible oily skin. With the other makeup brands, by mid-morning I'm already blotting the oil off of my t-zone. Anyway, it was humid outside and I was sweating like a pig. I blotted above my upper lip and forehead and I didn't see any signs of me wiping off my makeup. Also, my makeup wasn't down to my chin either. I'm impressed! I do wish I had bought the "rose" colored lipstick kit instead of "berry." The "berry" is okay, it's a little dark for my taste. I'm still going to wear the color, I'll just blot my lipstick before I put on the gloss. Oh before you put on your makeup, you apply this solution called Bare Vitamins all over your face. I love this stuff! It makes your face real soft even after you wash your makeup off for the day. NICE! According to the DVD the vitamins are flattening out your pores and thus minimizing them. I welcome my pores to be flattened any day. They also have this powder called Bare Veil that you put on after your makeup. I like it as well because it puts this finishing touch on your face, a nice soft polish to your face.

When Doug got home, we took Katiebug over to Millard and Peggy's to spend the night. Katie was so excited! She wanted to take everything but the kitchen sink with her to Grandma Peggy and Papa Millard's house. I'm suppose to help work at church tomorrow and I have no idea what I'm going to be doing. Doug's all excited that I'm going to work; needless to say, it's just for one day. Bless his heart.

No comments: