Monday, September 24, 2007


I would like to take this time to wish my niece, Whitney, a very Happy Birthday yesterday. I didn't blog last night and this is why I'm wishing all the best today. I hope she went out with a few of her friends and had a great celebration.

Can you believe that game Saturday? It was so close and I really thought Alabama was going to pull it off. Like last week with Arkansas, it all boiled down to the decisions at the very last minute. Dag gum, Georgia had to make a touchdown during OT and score 4 points more than Bama. Ugh! I guess you've got to take the losses with the wins because that's how it goes. We had a pretty nice little football party with Mom and Dad, despite the fact we lost. I made Chicken Quesadillas served with salsa on top. Yes, believe it or not Dad ate Mexican food. Of course, I had to leave the salsa off, so I added extra chicken and cheese instead. Apparently, he had never seen a Quesadilla before because when he saw his plate, his eyes were huge. "What's this?" he asked. When I told him, he responded, "A what?" I had to tell him what was inside the floured shell before he would touch it. He said he liked it and he ate every bit after he asked me several times how I made it. I told him it Mexican food and he couldn't get over it. I had lots of munchies laid out for during the ball game. We had chips, peanuts, cookies, cheese and crackers. We were all too full from Supper that we didn't make it to the other food.

Don't you get mad when you wake up in the middle of the night or very early in the morning and can't go back to sleep? I do and that's exactly what happened to me yesterday morning. First, I have to back up. I use to sleep all night, this was before I had Katie. I never got up unless I was having problems, sick or stress. Ever since I had Katie, I have to get up every night around 3:00 a.m. to go to the bathroom and check on Katie to make sure she is covered up. Well last night, I got up at 3:00 a.m. to go to the bathroom and checked on Katiebug. I couldn't go back to sleep for nothing and I knew I needed my sleep because I was going to have a busy morning. I laid in bed until my clock went off at 6:30 a.m. Ugh!!! A lady at church needed me to step in for her with the one year olds because her and her husband contacted poison ivy. She said they were getting better, but she didn't want to run the risk of the children getting it. I didn't blame her and I didn't mind whatsoever. I enjoyed being with the babies once again. They were so sweet. I kind of miss that age where they begin to walk and babble. We had to separate the group of one year olds because the class is too large. Another lady and myself took five of the more problem children and took them into another room. Actually, the children were no problem at all. They were probably going through teething or didn't feel good. As long as I held this one little girl, Emma, she was happy. All she wanted to do was rock. I really think she was just tired because I got her right to sleep. Plus the way she was breathing, it sounded like she had a little cold. My friend, Stacey, said this little girl cries every Sunday morning and there have been many times where they had to send for her parents. Poor thing! I remember Katie use to be that way. Most of Katie's problem was she was very sensitive to other children crying. If there was one child crying, more than likely she was going to cry and not stop until I got there. I was so glad to get her out of the one year old class because she has never fused about going to class since. I guess she went into the two year old class when she was 20 months old. Speaking of Katie, she had a meltdown at the playground while she was with her Sunday School Class. Stacey told me she saw a little girl just having a fit and giving the workers a time. It sounded like the next class came to play on the playground, so Katie's class had to leave and let the other class play. Well, Katie didn't want to leave and she was expressing her disappointment. Stacey told the worker, if Katie continued giving her a problem that she would get her Mommy. No one came to get me, so I take it she straightened up. I told Stacey to whip her! She just laughed and told me she would leave the disciple up to me. tehe! I had to leave the one year old class early to go to my next job. Every time I went to leave something came up. I was caught in the hallway with a parent wanting to drop off his little boy, which was asleep. The baby boy had a cast on his arm, which told me this wasn't going to be easy to lay him down to sleep. Needless to say, I was late for my next job, which is greeting people coming in for the next service. Luckily, Ruthie, such a sweetheart, stepped in for me until I could get there. I had to make sure all the smeared Ritz crackers was wiped off my black dress pants before going out into the public. I wore a smock, it's just too bad it's not a full length smock. By the time we got home, I was exhausted. I did get to take a small nap. Ah, that felt so good. We bought a box of corn dogs and man were they good, especially since I didn't have to cook. After Supper, it was so nice outside that Katie and I went for a stroll through the neighborhood. Doug bought Katie a glow stick, so she held it while we walked. There is one street in our neighborhood, I would love to move to. The houses are beautiful and of nice size. Two of the houses have waterfalls in the back yard because you can hear them and most of them have privacy fencing in the back yard. So nice! Even Doug has mentioned how he would like to move on this particular street. Millard and Peggy stopped by on their way home from meeting some friends for Supper. Millard got over his pink eye, so he seemed excited to see Katiebug.

Today, I had to catch up with my laundry and wash floors. Katie and I played baby dolls this morning. I went through some of her infant clothes and pulled a couple of outfits for her to dress up her baby dolls. She loves pretend playing. She had to dress up today, so she asked to wear Mickey Mouse. This means, she wants to wear her old Halloween costume "Minnie Mouse" from last year. It's way too small and looks more like a shirt or tutu instead of a dress. Doug likes to pretend getting on to her about not leaving the house with a dress that short.

I would like to congratulate Leslie and Nicholas. As most of you know, they are Seniors this year and from what sounds like having a spectacular year thus far. Nicholas made Class President. Leslie made the Homecoming Court and recently was named Miss AHS, which is another high honor. We are so proud of them both and wish them many more successes to come.

No comments: