Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy 46th Anniversary

Photobucket



Happy Anniversary to Millard and Peggy!

It won't be too many years before they will be able to celebrate that "Golden Anniversary." YAY! With their anniversary landing on a week day this year, we took them out to eat last night. I haven't ate at a Longhorn Restaurant in a very long time. Mmmmmm! I had their ribeye with potato and salad. Oh, it was so good. Colton was sitting by me, so I shared my slice of bread and a few bites of potato with him. Colton just doesn't know when to stop eating. I fed him a 7 oz. bottle on our way to pick up Millard and Peggy. As soon as we got to the restaurant, I fed him a stage 2 jar of apples and summer peaches. Yum! This was a new taste for him and he really liked it. Thinking he was satisified, I cleaned him up and took his feeding bib off. Then, he saw the bread. It was a pretty big slice and he nearly ate it all. LOL!

Peggy, Katie and myself wanted to go to the mall after dinner. I was telling Peggy how much Katie has grown this past Fall. She just shot up over night. Before school started, I purchased size 4 clothes to at least last until next Spring. Who knew she would just up to a size 5 by Christmas. Doug was really getting on me because her pants looked like your basic "high waters." I had a hard time trying to find something descent for her to wear for church that morning. Ugh! I thought surely Belk would have a good sale going on right now with their Winter clothes, but you never know. It wasn't that long ago when we went to the Belk in Decatur and their racks of 5's were a little skimpy, especially dresses. I'm so glad we went to the one in Huntsville because I was able to get some great deals on her clothes. I even checked out their Easter dresses and she liked this one(white sleeveless, scalloped edges with pink and green embroidery). It was advertising as being 30% off and Peggy gave me a coupon for an additional 20% off the total price. I was so tickled to go ahead and get her an Easter dress. I wished I could have found a picture to show you. In the past, I would have Katie wearing a smocked dress for Easter, but she is getting older and not that fond of smocked dresses like she use to be. There was another dress that I really liked. It was a sleeveless ivory, with three different colored silk flowers along the waist and full skirt. Here's a picture of it.


It was very simple but elegant. Unfortunately, Katie liked the pink and white dress more.

The Children's Place is beginning to be one of my favorite children's clothing store. I got a jumper dress for Katie, so cute!

I purchased a long-sleeved pink shirt to go underneath. She has pink tights to wear underneath, so I go the lace capri tights for her wear underneath during the Spring months. I loved the patch bermuda shorts, they had for girls. I thought they would look so cute this Spring/Summer on Katie with a pink t-shirt. I showed them to Katie and she turned up her upper lip. Whell! I just turned back around and put the shorts up.

Aren't these shoes adorable? Peggy really liked these shoes the best for Colton, so she got them for him.
I liked the high top canvas shoes, but I couldn't put these football looking shoes down. I fell in love and he has so many footall outfits that these would look great with. Also, I grabbed Katie a fleece night gown for $4.99. They were originally $12.99. I should have gotten one for next year. Right now is a great time to take advantage of a lot of their Fall/Winter clothes for $4.99 each. You've got to check them out. Click here to take advantage of The Children's Place Monster Sales.

Movie's in Review
Doug brought home "All About Steve" and "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" for Katie and myself. Doug knows what a big fan I am of Sandra Bullock. I have to say, I enjoyed watching "All About Steve." Sandra does really good in comedy movies. I even heard Doug laugh a time or two over on the couch. If you would like just a silly, goofy movie night, I recommend this movie.


Last night was the tenth time Katie watched "Cloudy with a . . ." I didn't watch it, but I guess it's a slow starter. I say this because at first, Katie said she didn't like it that well. Next thing I know, she's asking us if she could watch it again.


"The DRs" Tips on Getting that Perfect Massage at Home from Your Partner
THE MASSAGE SPOT

MOST KNOTS ARE FOUND IN THE NECK, BETWEEN SHOULDER BLADES, LOWER BACK

LOWER BACK - USE THUMBS & PRESS UP (APPROX. 5 LBS) IN CIRCULAR MOTION FOR THE LOWER BACK AREA; START OFF WITH LIGHT PRESSURE & THEN ASK THE PERSON IF THEY WANT IT DEEPER.

SHOULDER BLADES – REST YOUR FOREARMS ON THE MID-BACK (NOT THE SPINE AREA) AND JUST LEAN IN

NECK – TAKE YOUR HAND AND CUP THE BACK OF THE NECK. START OUT WITH THE PALM OF HAND PUSHING DOWN THE NECK AND (INTO A LIFTING MOTION) LIFTING UP THE NECK. DO THIS OVER AND OVER. IT WILL EVENTUALLY RELEASE THOSE KNOTS.

WARNING – WATCH THE SPINE AREA & AVOID ALL MAJOR SCARS

What Shall We Do Today?
With today being Martin Luther King Day, I had planned to take Katie and Colton on a picnic. The temps are suppose to be in the mid to upper 50's, but it seems that the fog is going to hang in there. So, I might have to come up with another plan. Katie doesn't like the days I have to clean. She wants me to sit with her all day and play. I feel guilty when I have to say "no," but things have to get done. I am hoping today might be a little different. I guess it's harder for little kids on cool Winter days.

Mirya

No comments: