Saturday, May 5, 2007

Botanical Gardens & Confirmation





We had another fulfilling day! First, we visited the Botanical Gardens. What a challenge that was?!? Katie was being such a brat, I was afraid we wouldn't get any good shots of her. The gardens were beautiful! All the roses were in full bloom. The birds were singing, the butterflies fluttering, and tourist flooding into see this spectacular sight. It was a perfect day to visit. All in all, I think we all enjoyed walking around the gardens and explorer all God's creation. I appreciate Doug driving us down and not being able to making it to Mark's Outdoors' weekend sale. I told him to go, but he knew we wouldn't have time. What sacrifice! We did make it to Johnny Rockets for lunch and Ben & Jerry's for dessert before we headed back home.

Second, I had to be back home just in enough time to go to my niece's Confirmation. She's the one in the spotlighted picture above. Isn't she beautiful?!? Her Mother, my sister, asked me to take a few pictures during and after the Confirmation. I was honored to do such a responsible job. Some of the pictures didn't turn out the way I had hoped, but I tried. In order to take these pictures , Doug bought me a flash to go on my camera. Isn't that so sweet of him?!? He is the man! And what a man he is! I counted the kids being confirmed tonight and there were approximately 56. That's a lot in one day! It was spoken in English and Spanish because there were quite a few Mexicans also being confirmed. Isn't that wonderful! I'm proud of all of them and wish them the best. After the Confirmation, they had a nice reception. We took lots of pictures and will have them published on our photo site very soon.

Millard and Peggy came to house and babysat Katie so we would be able to go to the Confirmation. They had a blast with Katie. I've taught her about messes. Now, everything is a "mess." As soon as we got home, we got to hear about the big mess her and Grandma made with the gold fish crackers. Her eyes get so big and she gets so excited. She is so funny!

Tomorrow, I plan to put my baskets together and take them to the churches. I have that Chocolate Cherry Pie to make and drop it off at Millard and Peggy's house. Everything is coming together! I believe Doug is staying home to change the oil in the car and maybe do some homework. He is doing an excellent job at school. We are so proud of him!

Mother's Day
Richer than Gold

You may have tangible wealth untold;
Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold.
Richer than I you can never be,
I had a mother who read to me.
Strickland Gillilan 1869-1954

1 comment:

Laura said...

We have that exact same outfit!!