Saturday, May 26, 2007

Happy Birthday Alise!

We would like to wish Alise a very Happy 2nd Birthday! I hope her little sickness went away in order for her to have a wonderful day.

It's been a little sad here because we found out this morning my Uncle Elmer passed away in his sleep during the night. He had been in the hospital with pneumonia, but was released yesterday morning. Mom & Dad had talked to him last night and he said was in his chair fixin' to go to bed because he was really tired. This morning, his son found him still in his chair. I tell you what when the Lord comes calling that would be the way to go - in your sleep having a marvelous dream. Uncle Elmer started having some health problems with his breathing a little over a year ago. Because of the problems, he had to carry around oxygen to help him out. My Dad is taking it pretty bad from what my Mom & Sister say. Dad and Elmer (his brother-in-law) were pretty close. Please remember Uncle Elmer's family (son, daughter & grandchildren) in your prayers. I can't imagine the pain from losing a parent, but there is quite a bit of pain losing a grandparent. Like most grandchildren, I was very close to my grandparents and it messed me up for about a year when I lost both of them a month or two before I got married. So I know they will appreciate any and all prayers that they might be able to get through this grieving period.

It was smoky again today outside from the wild fires from GA & FL. This time it didn't smell too smoky like the other day. I think I speak for everyone here when I say - WE NEED RAIN! We are going through a trouble drought and meteorologists are saying there is no hope for rain until this high pressure moves East.

This afternoon, we went grocery shopping - hamburgers, hot dogs, homemade ice cream mix - getting ready for the cook outs tomorrow and Monday. Tomorrow after church, Millard, Peggy & Henry are coming out for dinner. We finally bought an ice cream maker, so hopefully we will have vanilla and chocolate ice cream for dessert. When we get in from church, Katie and I will make some chocolate chip cookies before our guests arrive. I just love fresh baked cookies right out of the oven - that's when they taste their best.

Memorial Day
TAPS
Day is done... Gone the sun
From the lake...From the hills...From the sky.
All is well...Safely rest God is nigh.
Fading light....Dims the sight
And a star....Gems the sky....Gleaming bright
From afar....Drawing nigh
Falls the night.
Composed By Major General Daniel Butterfield
Take care and God Bless!

No comments: