Monday, May 7, 2007

Monday, Monday!


Well, we got through another weekend. Yesterday was the BIG Decoration Day! The cemetries were beautiful with all their many colors waving into the distance. I ran into a lady I haven't seen in years (approximately 10 years). We use to work together and eventually found out that we had relatives buried at the same church. It was nice seeing Myra again. After the Decoration festivities were over, the family went to Peggy & Millard's for lunch and fellowship. We tried this last year and really like it better then staying at the church. It's better to go to someones house, change into more comfortable clothes and relax. Of course, there was so much FOOD! I tried a new recipe and it was real good. If you like cherries and chocolate, you'll like this pie. It is a must try dessert and very easy to make. I've added some notes below that might help.

Chocolate Cherry Pie


1 can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling, divided
1 Keebler Ready Crust Chocolate or Graham Pie Crust (6 oz.)
1 1/2 cups cold milk
2 pkg. (4-serving size) Jell-o Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding
1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip Topping, thawed, divided

Spread 1 cup pie filling on bottom of crust.
Pour milk into medium bowl. Add pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 1 minute. Gently stir in 1/2 of the whipped topping. Spread pudding mixture over pie filling in crust.
Spoon remaining whipped topping around edge of pie forming a 1 inch border. Spoon remaining pie filling over pudding mixture.
Refrigerate 4 hours until set.
Makes 8 servings.

*Mirya's Notes: I recommend a bigger/deep pie crust size or using 2 pie crusts because this recipe makes so much that your lid, comes with the crust, won't fit on the top properly. I would get 2 cans of pie filling, 2 pie crust & 1 (16 oz.) Cool Whip. The Cool Whip borders are a must because it stops the pie filling from falling off the pie. You can pipe the Cool Whip border, but I just spooned it on and it worked perfect. I used 1% milk & fat free Cool Whip to cut down on fat and calories. I also think you can substitute the cherry pie filling for your favorite pie filling like strawberry.

We had a really good visit. We get to see some of the gang twice a year, so it's a nice reunion when we get together. The big funny of the day was Katie learned to say "James." The whole day she would call everyone, she didn't know, "James." Well it got us tickled because we would have to tell her again who is Uncle James. Uncle James thought it was funny. When people started leaving, Katie would say "bye-bye, Uncle James!" Uncle James & Aunt Vonell were one of the last people to leave, so he told Katie "now you can say bye Uncle James." Believe it or not, she did. "Bye-bye, Uncle James."

Today, I talked on the phone most of the morning. It's bad when you know you have a hair appointment this week, but you don't know when or what time because you've lost the appointment card. Dumb! I meant to write it down my calendar, "The Brain," but I forgot. I called my hair dresser, but she had the day off and tomorrow is her usual day off. I'll have to call her first thing Wednesday morning and pray it is that afternoon.

Katie and I went to the Library to return some books and pick up some new ones. Have you read the "Froggy" books. So cute! I read one tonight to Katie for her bedtime story. It's called "Froggy Eats Out" by Jonathan London. It's about manners and how he makes a mess of the whole evening, but it all works out in the end. There are other Froggy books available. I know we will be checking them out from the Library the next time.

Since we put out plants on the graves, we drove around and picked them up. I planted the Petunias in a couple of pots and the rest of the flowers, I planted in our flower beds. Katie couldn't understand what I was doing. "Mommy, doing?" she'd ask. She is such a big helper. I had to dig a pretty big hole for a couple of the plants - dahlias. Me digging was cue for Katie to come dig more holes with Mommy. She has a little plastic spade, I let her have when she's helping me. She was having a ball. I had to eventually get on to her because she was smashing my flowers. Then out came the hose to water the freshly planted flowers. Oh, boy! Katie's eyes lite up with excitement. "Water!" she said with a grin on her face. "Yes, we have to water the flowers," I told her. It's amazing how she can sniff out a mud puddle. She got mud all over her new white polka dot shirt. Her feet were black as coal and some how her hair was wet. When I finished watering everything and putting stuff up where they belong, here we go kicking and crying because we have to go in the house and take a tubby.

I finally got all the weekend pictures published - The Day at the Botanical Gardens, Natalie's Confirmation & Decoration Day are all visible on Katie's photosite. Sorry it took so long, but there were lots of pictures. It took 2-3 hours to upload them onto Photosite.

Mother's Day
George Washington once said, "My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her."


By the way, I've found a new website that ya'll have got to check out. Peggy introduced me to their catalog, she got in the mail, and I think they have the neatest stuff. I definately will be visiting their website closer to Christmas. It's called Personal Creations http://www.personalcreations.com/home.asp .


Take care of each other & may God send you a special blessing today.

No comments: