Thursday, May 3, 2007

Ready for Decoration Day?

Well, I think we are about ready for Decoration Day. Today, we went to Lowe's and got some flowers to go inside the baskets. I like Petunias and they had some healthy looking ones. I bought a few coral color Petunias. Have you seen a coral colored Petunia? I haven't. They are very pretty. I also bought a couple Dahlias, impatiens, & pink Petunias.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only Bon Jovi girl. You go Laura! I was a Freshmen in High School when you were a Sophomore, so yes, he was HOT. You know even though we ALL had the big hair going for us then, I like Jon's hair the way it is now. To me, he is HOTTER today then in the 80's. I have to say, HE HAS AGED WELL.

Doug wants to get Katie's picture made and I hinted around for us to go to the Botanical Gardens. He wants to try out this new Photography place called Portrait Innovations http://www.portraitinnovations.com/index.html . A friend of ours at work has his little girl's photos made there. He and his wife seem to be pleased with their work. They are having a special right now $9.97 package with free sitting fee. I would rather take her to the gardens and have her picture made for free.

Tonight, I'm watching Pierce Brosnan in "GoldenEye," a James Bond movie. Yes, I'm one of the rare women, who likes James "007" Bond movies. You know, Pierce is such a beautiful man and I love the name. I wonder if Doug would agree to name our son, Pierce. I can see a Pierce Douglas Mason. Sounds like an actor name or someone of importance.

Laura, I finally got to see "The Queen." I'm such a baby! I cried just about the whole way through the movie. From the time I watched the Prince & Princess of Whales married in 1980 to her death, I looked up to and respected her as a person and public official. She really did a lot of good in her short life. I was about 6 years old when she got married and like every other little girl, I wanted to be a Princess. I remember it just like it was yesterday. I also got to see "Night at the Museum" with Ben Stiller. I was a little disappointed. All the exciting parts was at the beginning of the movie. After everything came to life, the rest of the movie was pretty much ho, hum. Doug didn't care for either one of the movies. The next DVD movie I would like to see is "DreamGirl." It should be coming out pretty soon.

Mother's Day
Once upon a memory Someone wiped away a tear
Held me close and loved me,
Thank you, Mother dear.

Take care of each other and have a wonderful Friday!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Yes, I liked your picture of Bon Jovi alot better. And I would agree that he has aged really well. I also agree with you about the pics, although I scheduled Alise's two year portrait yesterday with the photographer we always use. I think the movie, "Dream Girl" came out this past Tuesday. Did you guys have some bad weather last night? It got really bad here.