Monday, April 13, 2009

Colton's 2 Week Checkup

Today, Colton had his 2 week doctor's appointment. I knew he had been growing a lot because he feels like a chuck of lead when you pick him up. Sure enough, the nurse weighed him. He weighs 9 pounds and 11 ounces and 22 inches long. A couple of weeks ago last Thursday, he weighed 8 pounds and 11 ounces and was 21 inches long. So yeah, he's growing alright! Baby boy is 75% in weight and 90% in length for his age. Dr. Lunsford laughed at me and assured me that we should not have a weight problem with Colton like we did with Katie. I think I kept an ulcer the first two years of Katie's life because I tried everything to get her to eat. Hopefully, I won't have that problem with Colton. Ha! Dr. Lunsford asked me what feeding method am I using, breast milk or formula. I told him both and he acted like he couldn't believe it. He asked me why and I had to answer him that Colton eats so much that I fear I'm running out of my milk, so I give him a formula supplement. He asked me how much he eats. On average, he eats 3 ounces every 2-3 hours. I also added, he has growing spurts to where he will eat 4 ounces every 2-3 hours. He laughed! Then he started, "well let me tell you something". Ugh! Usually, when Dr. Lunsford starts his sentences this way, I'm usually doing something incorrect. "Uh, oh." I said. I asked him if I was doing something wrong. He chuckled and said "no, Colton doesn't have a weight problem and if he will take both breast milk and formula, so be it." He just doesn't want me to put him on cereal or baby food yet. The nurse had to take another Bilirubin test because Dr. Lunsford could tell that he still looked yellow. The test came back at an 8, so it is coming down. I guess it takes time for Jaundice to get on out of a baby.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. I know we did, I was exhausted by the time we got home last night.

As soon as Katie got out of bed, we checked out what the Easter bunny left us the night before. Katie loves everything the Easter bunny left her. She received a big pink stuffed Easter bunny that sings "I Love You A Bushel & A Peck"; a Thumbelina doll; silly pen; chocolate Fairy Bunny and lots of candy.

We got all dressed up and went to church. As soon we got home, Katie grabbed her Easter basket and went looking for eggs that the Easter bunny hid out in the front lawn. She had a blast looking for eggs (31 eggs). The crazy bunny forgot to put money in the prize eggs. Shame, shame! We will have to have a talk with him next year about the prize eggs. Tehe! As soon as all the eggs were found, we headed out for the family get together.

We had lunch with Peggy, Millard and Henry. Keisha came over a little later to visit. We brought the Easter eggs with us to their house and hid them again for Katie to hunt them. It wasn't much of a hunt because Katie wouldn't close her eyes, while Grandma Peggy hid the eggs. She knew where every one of the eggs were. Surprise, surprise! Of course, we had to gather around the television for a little bit to watch The Masters. It was so cold yesterday, we stayed outside long enough to take pictures, hunt eggs and look at Millard and Peggy's hell damage from the day before. They said golf ball sized hell beat up the siding on their house and put holes in their satellite dishes and ground. I was shocked!

We've had some pretty bad t-storms coming through here the past few days. While Peggy and Millard's house was being pulverized, it was extremely windy at our house. It was kind of scary at times because the trees were really being blown around. Unfortunately, Doug's first day at work didn't end up on a good note. The same storm system that went through Peggy & Millard's neighborhood, visited Doug's work. Our car, which was just paid off and we received the title the other day, was beat to a pulp. More than likely, we will have to replace the hood and trunk because the damage is so bad. I called our insurance adjuster as soon as Doug called me from his cell phone. Hopefully, the adjuster will be here to evaluate the car tomorrow. We are under another T-storm warning as we speak and expected to receive storms throughout the night. I don't know about you, but I'm ready for the April shower to leave and receive May flowers.

Hell damage to Peggy & Millard's house

We headed over to June and Pat's house for Easter supper. Of course, the baby and Katie were passed around like a bag of potatoes. Katie was in heaven. She received gifts from her Grandma Jerry, Papa John and aunts, plus her playmates were all there as well. She hated it when we had to go home. She was so tired from playing hard, but she didn't want to leave.

Last night, Colton was ate up with gas. I think it was because we were on the road most of the day yesterday. Poor baby! We didn't get much sleep at all. I felt like a walking zombie at times this afternoon. In fact, I fell asleep rocking baby boy (because of gas) and Katie woke me up. When I woke up, she was hugging my neck and patting my hair. She asked me if I was tired. When I told her that I was, she said "don't go to sleep". I've been so tired, I've resorted to caffeine to keep me awake. Hey, it's either Mt. Dew or force myself to drink coffee. I hate coffee, but I do like a chocolate caramel latte from Joe Muggs. Yummy!

Colton received another gift today from a friend of mine, Michelle L. It's an Alabama basketball type outfit. I can't wait for him to be able to wear it, so I can take a picture of him in it. It's so cute! Michelle also gave Katiebug a little something, Disney Princess' barrettes. She absolutely loves them! If and when I ever get some rest, we'll have to schedule a dress up party with Colton and some of his outfits. I did that with Katie when she was a baby and had so much fun. I have to say, it is more fun to play dress up with little girls then little boys.

No comments: