Thursday, April 23, 2009

Shannon P. Update

I spoke to my sister and she said that the doctors have yet to narrow the type of cancer Shannon currently has. Right now, they are saying he could have any of the 3 types of cancer. She seems to think he is undergoing chemo treatments this week. The doctors don't even know what stage he might be. Shannon is in good spirits. Thank you for all the prayers.

My sister, Susan, told me she will be calling in an appointment for Jon. As you may know, Jon's glucose has a hard time coming down. He is only 15 years old and he has tried changing his diet and included extensive exercise in order to get his sugar levels down. Because of the special diet & additional exercise, he has really buffed up, but not working as far as controlling his sugar. The last time I updated you, his doctor had put him on some medication to help lower his sugar levels. It's been a few months since he started on the medicine. Now, it's time for the doctor to check his levels again. Jon needs your prayers. We are so hoping that the medication is helping his levels get to normal. As soon as Susan gets an appointment, I'll pass it along to you.

No comments: