Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday


You might be wondering "what's so good about Good Friday?" I'll tell you why it's so good. This is the day, Christians observe the death of Christ Jesus. If you don't know Jesus as your personal savior, you might be asking why I'm celebrating the death of a man. Well, he is no man. He is our Almighty God in human flesh. I celebrate it because if he had not died on the cross that fateful day, I would be doomed to hell for all eternity. I don't know about you, but that doesn't sound like an ideal permanent vacation and being away from my God and family. Unfornately like most vacations, there is no end to this destination and everything goes back to normal. Please remember, we all have a destination (heaven & hell) after this life is over. God is a very loving God and he wants you to come to him and accept his only Son, Jesus Christ.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16




Have you ever seen "The Passion of Christ"? Doug and I went to the movies to watch it when it first came out. Wow! I would go as far as to say that it was the most moving spiritual experience that I've ever witnessed. From experience, this movie is not for the weak at heart. Yeah, I got sick while watching the soldiers beating Jesus, but I have no regrets having the opportunity to watch it. It's a great reminder for me as to what Christ went through just for me. He paid the ultimate price for my life because of sin, we are all doomed to hell. Jesus will save you from hell. Today, in my heart I know that surviving this venture on Earth will be the closest experience to hell. Above is a clip of "The Passion of Christ". If you haven't seen this film, I would like to encourage you to go out and at least rent the movie and watch it this Easter weekend. I hope and pray you have a wonderful Easter weekend.

Political Report
Please mark on your calendar

Anti-Tax Tea Party
April 15th
Sacramento, CA - 4PM ET
San Antonio, TX - 5 PM/2AM ET
Atlanta, GA - 9PM/12MID ET
Washington, DC - 10 PM/1AM ET
All-Day Coverage - FOX News starting at 4:00 PM
Sean Hannity will be covering the Atlanta, GA Tea Party. Rick Burgess & Bubba Bussey from the "Rick & Bubba Morning Show" out of Birmingham, AL will be guests at the Atlanta party. Click Here for information from the "Rick & Bubba Morning Show" and the upcoming Tea Parties in Atlanta and here in Alabama.

Bama Balloons
I was watching a local morning show "Daytime Alabama" hosted by Brooke Smith (from the reality show "The Bachelor"). She's originally from the Birmingham area and soon after "The Bachelor" was off, she landed a job with a local news station NBC 13 as a traffic reporter. Now she hosts her own show. Anyway, for Easter she introduced "Bama Balloons" from Hoover, AL. They take balloon twisting or characters to an all new direction. They make beautiful arrangements for any occasion. Guess what? They have their own blog and Facebook. I had to check it out. Katie and I fell in love! It's too bad she doesn't have a price list on any of her sites. I guess I'll have to email or call her to find out prices. I would love to use them to make Katie a centerpiece for her birthday. What I love is the lady interviewed said the balloons will last up to 2 weeks. So neat! You'll have to check out their Bama Balloons website.

No comments: