Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hell's Kitchen Finale

According to my poll, it looked like most of you were pulling for Paula. Did you get to watch it tonight? I got to watch a little bit here and there. I have to say, I'm glad Danny won. He has really done well throughout the entire show. He may not have been able to win all of the challenges, but he would do great during service. Plus, he seems a little country with his camo cap, which I like. Ha Ha!

Katie Story
Directv was showing HBO for free this past weekend. One of the many movies playing was "E.T.". I remember seeing this movie when I was a small child. I loved E.T. He is so cute with those big eyes. I still get choked up when E.T. dies and then comes back to life. When Doug was surfing the channels, he came across "E.T.". He mentioned that he had never seen the movie. Well it struck Katie's interest, so we let her watch the ending. We looked up the schedule & found out the next showing. We had it TiVoed for baby girl, thinking she might like it.

Today, I played it for her. She was glued to the TV screen throughout the whole movie. Of all things she picked up on, CPR. When E.T. apparently dies, the doctors perform CPR on him. After the movie was over, she began performing chest compressions on her dolls & the couch. I have to say she does the compression almost perfectly, with her hands together and everything. She even wanted to try her technique on Colton at one point. "Oh no ma'am", I informed her. Tonight, Doug was in the back room with her and she decided to show her daddy that she could do CPR. Doug began asking her loudly, so I could hear, where she learned to do CPR. I responded back to him how she learned it from the "E.T." movie. He added surprisingly that she was doing CPR on one of her dolls.

Special Prayer Request
Doug's cousin, Pat F., needed your prayers. She's been having health problems for quite some time. At first, the doctors thought it was a blood clot causing the problem in her legs. I believe, they did rule that she has for a fact a clot because she is on blood thinner medicine. Well, after further research they found a bulge in her disc. Uncle James & Aunt Vonell (Pat's parents) picked her up last weekend to stay with them for a few days. She was hoping to find a doctor in B'ham to take her case. She went to one doctor that found more herniated disks in her back (4 hernias). The one causing most of the pain is located in her L4, L5 area. Sound familiar? That's exactly where mom's herniated disc was located. Pat said she has the pain that goes down to the knee and there was a time when she couldn't walk at James & Vonell's house. The bad news is the doctor won't touch her because she is on these blood thinners. They won't even give her any kind of shots to relieve the pain. He said as long as she is on blood thinners, there is nothing they can do. She told me that her other doctor said, she would be on blood thinners for the rest of her life. She was sent home with muscle relaxers & pain pills. She is only 53 years old & will be in lots of pain or drugged up for the rest of her life. Please keep her in your prayers that God will heal her back & relieve her pain.

Vonell & James Visit
I received a phone call this morning. James & Vonell were coming thru town to take Pat home. Pat was in the hospital with her back/legs when Colton was born and hadn't seen him. She knew the next time she would have the opportunity to see him would be around Christmas time, so they stopped by for a short visit. I was relieved that Colton was so good, while Pat held him. Shoo! Isn't it amazing how most of the time, babies don't show their colic side until later at night (when you need to sleep)? Any who, he was real good with her. I felt so bad for Pat because I could see in her eyes that she was drugged up. I just can't imagine having to live with that much pain. Poor soul! James likes to mess with Katie, but I guess she still doesn't know them enough because she turned shy on me again. It's not like Katie never sees James & Vonell, it's just not all the time. Surely, she knows them by now. Well before they left, she was giving them all hugs & kisses and telling them to come back to see us. Now, we will have to make a special effort to go down and visit them because Katie wants to see their sheep. For those of you who don't know, James & Vonell have what you would call a mini farm in B'ham. He's all the time buying and trading, donkeys, mules, sheep (all varieties), and dogs. He keeps at least two large vegetable gardens going that are loaded with corn, okra, tomatoes, green beans, squash & etc.

Colton Update
I want to thank all of you with the great advice and lots of prayers. Some days are better than others, but I try to keep my head up and focused. My goal is the 3 month stage. If we can make it through to his 3 month birthday, I think he'll do much better. I was telling Doug tonight, all I had to eat today was a cheeseburger (that we grilled) with pickles and soda. How can that make Colton cry as hard as did tonight? He just shook his head and laughed. We have to do a lot of laughing around here lately. Are we going nuts? As Doug is putting Katie to bed tonight, she said out of the blue "goodnight crazy lady". I asked Doug, was she saying that to me? He laughed and said she might have directed that towards me because she was talking to the air. No one else was around. I assured him, some times I feel like a "crazy lady". HA HA! Any who, at least Colton and I didn't have to go on a joy ride tonight like we did last night at around 11:00 PM. Ugh! This technique might work for some people, but not us. I drove all the way into town, turned around and he cried all the way back home. He didn't even yawn or show any signs of being sleepy. I finally wrapped him up in a warm blanket and bounced him for several minutes until he fell asleep. I guess it was close to 1:00 AM before I got to go to sleep.

I think he is going through another growth spurt. Would you believe he drank 2 oz. of milk (formula) at 9:00 PM? By 10:30 PM, he began crying like he was having another gas pain. I tried everything, so I checked to see if he was hungry. Yep! He drank another 2 oz. and by 11:45 PM, he woke up crying again. I changed his diaper and bounced him back to sleep. He was dead to the world, but as soon as I laid him down, he woke up (crying). He ate another 2 oz. That's a total of 6 ounces in less than 3 hours. Normally, he eats 2-3 ounces every 2-3 hours. I knew he was going to hit the hunger zone soon because last week all he wanted to do was sleep. He couldn't care less about the milk. He just wanted sleep! Well, now he's one hungry boy. I think tomorrow, I'd like to see if we can weigh him. I know he's really gotten long. I had to put away his newborn-3 month sleepers because he has absolutely no room in there for him. He can't stretch in them at all. I'm going to have to go through his 0-3 month onesies soon because they are beginning to cut him, they are so small. He can wear comfortably a 3-6 month rompers, onesies & sleepers. They are a little big, but I've had him wear 6 month sleepers and rompers just because I don't have that many 3-6 month outfits. I'm sure that it won't be long before he can wear the 6 month clothes really well. Please remember, Colton's not even 2 months old yet. BIG BOY!

Aunt Sherry & Uncle Roger's In Town
My Aunt Sherry & Uncle Roger came into town yesterday. Things have been a little crazy, as you can tell. I haven't been able to go over to mom & dad's to visit with them. So, we are planning to have them come over for supper tomorrow night. I've got a hair appointment at 3:00 and I plan to stop by Johnny's to pick up some barbeque. It will be great to see Sherry and Roger. I know Sherry will be pleasantly surprised to see how well mom's doing in her progress. They also want to meet the newest member of our family, Colton. I don't know how long they'll be able to stay. I think they are on their way to VA to visit with his family. I do know that they are planning to come back in time for Whitney & Zayne's wedding in July. I'm planning on having Katie's 4th birthday party the Sunday after the wedding. Hopefully, they will be able to stay for it. I can't believe my baby will be 4 years old. Some times, she acts like she 14 years old. She is such a priss.

No comments: