Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The BIG Announcement . . .

Sorry, I wasn't able to blog yesterday, too busy cleaning. I've been buzzing like a bee around here, trying my best to get my house ready for the BIG party on Sunday. Plus, I had to go to bed early so I could get up and ready to take my aunt to get her hair fixed this morning.

So, I guess you are foaming at the mouth about now.

What is the BIG announcement, you ask?
Well, it's this ~





Yes, Katie got one of her birthday present early. Sunday morning after church, Peggy and Millard came over and watched the children, while Doug and I headed to Birmingham. We picked up the trampoline at Academy Sports from the Riverchase area, just past "Patton Creek" shopping center. We made it back home around 6 PM. Doug, Millard and myself worked for a few hours to get this up for her. You talk about excited. Katie kept asking me if she could help and if it was finished, so she could get up on it. She loves her present! I asked her if this was the best birthday yet? With all smiles, she agreed. Now, as much as I would love to take the credit for buying this trampoline for Katie, I can not and I don't think the people want to be revealed. I'll just say, the "Birthday Fairies" made this dream possible for our little girl. Thank you again!


These are a couple of photos of Katie jumping on her new trampoline, as soon as we finished the project.


Colton and Peggy came to check out the birthday present



Mirya

2 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like Katie scored BIG for her birthday! I mailed her birthday present today and it should be there by Friday.

The Thorsrud Family said...

WOW! That's wonderful. Fun surprise! I'm still working on Katie's card! oopsie! I'm trying to get ready for our get away this weekend and can't seem to think at all. Tell everyone hi for me!