Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Surprise

Colton gave me a little surprise this morning. As you know, he has been teething again and it's been somewhat of a challenge. With all the swollen gums, red and tender to the touch has come to a rejoicing (temporary) end. For the past month, I've been keeping an eye on the little tooth that was expected to pop through at any time, next to his two top teeth. As I was acting silly to make him laugh, I noticed something that I wasn't expecting. Something white by his two bottom teeth. He cut a tiny white tooth through on the bottom. Yay! Automatically, I rubbed my finger across the area on the top of his mouth to check the tooth that has given him so much grief. My eyes all big, I could finally feel it. Yay! Colton has two new teeth, making 6 teeth total.

My Top 15 Favorite Romantic Movies
Love is in the air and this is the month to celebrate. I wanted to pass along 15 of my favorite love movies to you. I couldn't come up with just a top 10. In fact, my head kept coming up with more names, but I knew I couldn't list a top 100 favorites.
"An Affair to Remember" starring Cary Grant & Deborah Kerr
"Sleepless in Seattle" starring Meg Ryan & Tom Hanks
"In Love and War" starring Sandra Bullock & Chris O'Connell
"Return to Me" starring Minnie Driver & David Duchovny
"Made of Honor" starring Patrick Dempsey & Michelle Monaghan
"An Officer and A Gentleman" starring Richard Gere & Debra Winger
"Titanic" starring Leonardo DiCaprio & Kate Winslet
"While You Were Sleeping" starring Sandra Bullock & Bill Pullman
"Sabrina" starring Harrison Ford & Julia Ormond
"Roman Holiday" starring Audrey Hepburn & Cary Grant
"The Holiday" starring Cameron Diaz & Jude Law
"A Walk In The Clouds" starring Keanu Reeves & Aitana Sanchez-Gijon
"Pearl Habor" starring Ben Afflack & Kate Beckinsale
"The Wedding Planner" starring Matthew McConaughey & Jennifer Lopez
"The Proposal" starring Sandra Bullock & Ryan Reynolds

I'd be very interested to see your list of favorite love stories. What would be on your top 15 favorites list?

Ruby Tuesday Valentine's Special
Three-Course Meal for Two $40
Your meal would include an appetizer, featured entrees and dessert to end the evening. I think this is a great opportunity for us. I think I'm going to call and see if I can take advantage of this deal, if they will let me "Get To Go."
This special deal will only last February 12-14. To view the featured menu, CLICK HERE.

Chocolate Cheerios Marshmallow Hearts


For you chocoholics, have you picked up your Chocolate Cheerios from the grocery store? It's delicious! Colton and I love them. I received a recipe from Betty Crocker this morning for a Valentine dessert called "Chocolate Cheerios Marshmallow Hearts."

Chocolate Cheerios Marshmallow Hearts Recipe
Crust
1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1 cup Chocolate Cheerios® cereal, crushed
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups miniature marshmallows

Topping
2/3 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 bag (11.5 ounces) milk chocolate chips
4 cups Chocolate Cheerios® cereal
Candy sprinkles, if desired

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with foil. In large bowl, mix all crust ingredients except marshmallows with electric mixer on low speed until crumbly. Press firmly into bottom of pan.
2. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven. Immediately sprinkle with marshmallows. Return to oven; bake an additional 1 to 2 minutes or until marshmallows just begin to puff. Cool while preparing topping.
3. In large saucepan, place all topping ingredients except cereal and sprinkles. Heat over medium-low heat just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in 4 cups cereal. Immediately spoon warm topping over marshmallows; spread to cover. Sprinkle with candy sprinkles. Cool completely, at least 1 hour.
4. Using foil to lift, remove mixture from pan; remove foil. With deep 2 1/2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 18 hearts. Store loosely covered.

Mirya

No comments: