Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas" by James Patterson Review

Suzanne's Diary for NicholasSuzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


It is a short read, just what I needed. I've never read a James Patterson, but this was pretty good. There are some twists and turns, but somehow predictable. I think. In the last twist, I had to grab the tissues. As I was coming up with my own solutions at the beginning of the book, I had nailed the ending, but hoped that it wasn't the case. Unfortunately, it did happen and my stomach and heart fell straight to the ground. Absolute heartbreak! Thankfully where there is sorrow, there is a happy ending. I believe God was looking over Matt and answered his prayer, to love again.



It is a sweet love story between two very loving parents that adore each other and their child, Nicholas. How they've had to face some tough struggles, but are so blessed to have each other. How two people can love each other like the way they've loved each other just for a short while, it makes you stop and think about all you have been blessed with and you hope to grow a better appreciation for what you have, no matter how big or small. These love notes to the child from his mother, Suzanne, can be complete tear jerkers. I didn't have to use the Kleenex until towards the end.



Throughout the book, you begin to notice the saying "Isn't it lucky?" Luck had nothing to do with it. I believe in divine intervention from God. I think He wanted Matt to be able to feel love again after the lose of his father. He allowed Matt and Suzanne's pathes to cross and what a blessing it was. Katie asked how God could have allowed something this horrible to happen. I believe God allows us to experience these tragic events, so our spirit might grow for the greater good. Look what Matt would have missed out on, if he never met Suzanne? What a blessing he would have missed? Love is the key. Their love for each other grew to be so strong that the love itself will NEVER die. Isn't that awesome! Matt's appreciation and love for Suzanne probably helped him to grow more; therefore, showing a better appreciation and stronger love for Katie. There are reasons for everything.







View all my reviews


Mirya

1 comment:

Juliana said...

I will have to add this book to my nookcolor. I had never heard of it and I love all his books. Thank you for the review!